View Single Post
DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing on my neck!

Old 06-25-2013, 06:33 AM

Casting for a Castaway!

WOW, that is one OLD TV show! We here on Menewsha have decided it's time to update that show, Menewshastyle! So here is your challenge. You are casting for the next remake of Gilligan's Island. BUT, instead of 7 castaways, you decide you want 8! Who will be your shiny new 8th character in this iconic show? How will they try to help the other castaways escape the island?

Please include a short paragraph describing your 8th castaway and how they try to help the other castaways escape the island. Remember a paragraph is a minimum of 3 sentences.

Most importantly...What is their name? After all, everyone knows Ginger, Mary Ann, Gilligan, The Skipper, The Professor, Mr & Mrs. Howell! Your character will have to be just as iconic as they are to fit in!

Casting for a Castaway! Entry Form
Username:
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name:
Tell us about the 8th Castaway and how they help the castaways try to escape the island:

Quote:
[size=4][color=seagreen][b]Casting for a Castaway! Form[/b][/color][/size]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Image of My Entry:[/B]
[B]My Castaway's Name:[/B]
[B]Tell us about the 8th Castaway and how they help the castaways try to escape the island:[/b]
Entries:
Username:maidenroseheart
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name: Agent Smith
Tell us about the 8th Castaway and how they help the castaways try to escape the island: In this delightful group, you have characters from all socioeconomic levels and from every type of job. Every job that is, except a government job. Have you ever wondered why their plans to escape the island have always failed? That's right! A government conspiracy! My guy does not help them get off the island at all! She is assisting in a government experiment and that means they must stay put! *evil laughter*[COLOR="lightseagreen"]

Username: EirianHikari
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name: Bridget Monroe
Tell us about the 8th Castaway and how they help the castaways try to escape the island: Bridget Monroe is a wilderness guide who was was ashore on the island when she was headed to the rain forest to lead a vacation exploration. She soon befriended the other castaways and likes to help out with hunting, fishing, and gathering plants, since she has vast knowledge in survival, she is quite in her element on the island. Bridget is tough, brave, but has a kind heart, she is also quite witty, charming, and intelligent, but seems to have little interest in the Professor's scientific comments. It has been lightly implied that Bridget may have a crush on the Professor though. Like when they were gathering oranges and Bridget suddenly tossed one at him. He just stared at it a minute, and Bridget looked at him and said kind of playfully"I could show you how to peel it." The Professor responded clueless, "Oh, I know how to peel it" and Bridget just went back to what she was doing, glancing over at him a brief second.

Username:Ted D Ber
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name: Romana Torres
Tell us about the 8th Castaway and how they help the castaways try to escape the island:Romana was an engineer on the ship before it crashed, and now shes left stranded with 7 other castaways. She makes all sorts of crazy inventions that usually fail to try and help them get off the island. Now that we're bring the show to a new generation we decided to add her as a lesbian character to give the show that modern edge, but to keep the classic feel we're still shooting the show entirely in black and white.

Username:GwenaHikari
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name:Sienna Carrington
Tell us about the 8th Castaway and how they help the castaways try to escape the island:
Sienna was an out of work model, looking to forget about her latest break up, her friends encouraged her to take a vacation, as a result she ended up on the ill-fated "3 hour tour" with the other castaways. "It'll be fun!" her friends had told her, uh yeah if being stranded for life is your idea of fun! Though their fate seems questionable, Sienna, hasn't given up and doesn't waste a lick of time coming up with an escape plan, she may be a model but she's got brains and street smarts. Armed with her trusty lipstick and her butt smacking purse, sienna intends to use her looks to attract everything and anything she can to the island, so she can get off it, even if that anything is a passing dolphin. And if that doesn't work, there's always the old note in a bottle trick, with a note saying "help I'm trapped on an island full of treasure", because if looks won't bring em, greed will!

Username: Nephila
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name: No one really know for sure they've taken to calling her Cannibal Chrissy
She was shipwrecked an unknown amount of years before the rest of them. She was only a little girl when she first made it to the island. Wearing a long white night gown that became ragged and dirty over the years. She was only able to be use it as a wrap around skirt. She's about 20 and has a wild sex appeal.
The "tattoos" are actually ashes she smudges on herself. No real reason behind them other than when she was a child their was no one around to tell her not to write on herself. I suppose its what would be a pass time on an island. She also cut off her blond hair to put on her dolly. Which is her last connection to humanity. She doesn't speak much in the brief times they encounter her. She tries to help them off the Island by attempting to eat them.

Username: dragoness129
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name: Iyme
Tell us about the 8th Castaway and how they help the castaways try to escape the island: This islander has no last name. She was never given one. She thinks she has been on this island forever because she cannot remember a time of ever being somewhere else. She has survived on this island for many years before Gilligan and his crew became shipwrecked, including making some daggers from rocks. She wants her island back to herself, so she wants to "help" the crew leave and way she can. -Iyme licks her daggers-

Username: Woodlandnymph
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name: The Assistant

Just sit right back, and you'll hear a tale....about the girl who just wanted to get her 4 university credits and get a good recommendation from her professor. Her professor? Oh yes, you mean THE Professor. Didn't think he worked alone, did yah? Little did Jane know when she joined the Professor on his three hour tour that she'd end up shelling coconuts to help him jerry-rig radios and that every other Wednesday night Mary-Ann and Ginger would cram her into a hula skirt for another silly dance competition. *Sigh* At least she brought along a book or two so she can find a nice hideaway when she's not helping build another raft.

Username: Velvet
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name: Jillian Pepper
Tell us about the 8th Castaway and how they help the castaways try to escape the island: Not many know of Gilligan's twin sister, Jillian. But she was there, she was boarded on the S.S Minnow below deck. Gilligan actually hid her behind some boxes and planned on sneaking her back off the boat when they arrived at their destination. Plans were changed when the ship crashed on the island. The others discovered Gilligan had a sister, a twin sister soon after. Jillian explained that she had no where to go and had never been on a boat before.. She ends up being just like Gilligan too. Bumbly, sloppy, butterfingered, and without any sort of grace. She trips over everything, manages to break much needed furnishings, and she even burned down their makeshift beach houses once forcing the group to recreate each of their houses again. How does she help them all get off the island? Simple. She doesn't. Just like Gilligan, she manages to blow every chance they get to leave the island. And she has an obsession with a map she found on the island..

Username:~Longcat~
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name: Snooki
Tell us about the 8th Castaway and how they help the castaways try to escape the island: Signing up for what she thought was the next big thing after Jersey Shore, that also totally involved beaches, she found herself stranded on a tropical island (score!). The other castaways now have to deal with her hard partying and heavy boozing, because she's not helping them leave anytime soon...

Username:star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name:Bridget
Tell us about the 8th Castaway and how they help the castaways try to escape the island: Bridget was on the Island before the Castaway's. in fact when they showed up she was ecstatic, thinking FINALLY she'd been rescued. she was pretty crestfallen to find out that no, they where stuck there with her. She helped them build their huts, taught them what food was safe and what wasn't. showed them where fresh water sources where. and regaled them with stories she'd made up. she even ended up having a crush on, of all people, Gilligan, much to the bemusement of the rest of the castaway's.

Username: Rochiel Silverfire
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name: Summer Howell
Tell us about the 8th Castaway and how they help the castaways try to escape the island: Summer is the 10-year-old daughter of Mister and Missus Howell. Though she was raised by nannies and rich parents, this little lady is quite the tomboy! Summer loves playing outside and making new discoveries. She knows all sorts of random facts about plants and animals that would help the castaways survive and thrive on the island until they could find a way off. And maybe, just maybe, a kid like her will think of a way off the island that none of the grownups could ever come up with!

Username: Seito
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name: Tom Robinson the Boy Scout
Always be prepared! That's the boy scout motto. Tom never thought that right after he got his Eagle Rank (the highest rank a Boy Scout can obtain) he would end up shipwrecked on this island! It's good thing he got his Wilderness Survival Merit Badge. In no time he had a shelter built, a fire started and caught some fish. With his Wood Work Merit Badge, building a raft shouldn't be too hard. Or at the very least he could help repair their broken ship. Tom held the record for most merit badges in his troops, many which helped on the island.

Now if only he could the adults to accept this and stop treating him like a kid...

Username: blueblackrose
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name: Wira
Tell us about the 8th Castaway and how they help the castaways try to escape the island: For as long as Wira can remember he has lived on this island. Not receiving many visitors than other natives from nearby islands. Oh what a surprise it was when Gilligan and the others arrived on his island. What a curious sight they were. For a while he was in the background just observing the newcomers. They gave him a good laugh. Little by little he let his presence be known to Gilligan and the others and developed a crush on Mary Ann. Most of his attempts to become friends with Mary Ann usually end up with her running away or the others chasing him away. Even with this strange relationship that he develops with the castaways he does manage to save them quite a bit. Then again maybe he is the reason they have never managed to get off the island.[COLOR="lightseagreen"]

Username: fireprincess
Image of My Entry:
My Castaway's Name: Juliet
Sure they told the story of the other castaways...but what about me? I am the cook after all. I take care of them and make sure they don't go hungry. I mean without me, could they really survive? All I wanted was to go to a tropical island for a quick get away....not a stay away!

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 02-12-2014 at 04:33 AM..