View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-11-2016, 12:18 AM

Why did it seem so bright? The maids knew to never open the curtains until she was ready to wake. A groan escaped her and she grabbed the pillow, pulling out from under her and threw it in the general direction the light seemed to be coming from. "Close the curtains, I am not ready to wake." She had tried to sound regal and commanding, but it was stuck somewhere between a whine and a growl. Despite the outburst she pulled the blanket over her head and turned towards the wall, it was easy enough to fall back asleep and so she did.

===

The night had been a horrible one, he had woken far too many times, had a horrible drink forced down his throat, he was sure he had thrown it up once or twice and simply laid in the mess, his fever had raged and he was soaked in sweat, and his chest hurt with each movement. It was a miracle he didn't launch himself off the ship last night to free himself from the torment. Though all through the night a gentle voice and hand had managed to sooth him and return him to his fitful slumber.

Sun hit his face and he groaned and tried to cover his eyes, but bringing his arm up that high only had him cursing under his breath in pain. He looked around the room until he saw Ariel, "Ah, a much bett-" Whatever he was about to say was cut off as he coughed, his hand going to his chest as if to hold the stitches in place. "Forgive me lass, I must look a fright." He threw his head back onto the pillow. At least he didn't completely feel like he was dying, that had to be a step in the right direction. A mischievous grin crossed his face, "Seein' as I'm miserable and all, and quite injured, anyways you could see to giving me a nice sponge bath?" It took all his effort not to laugh at that, he looked out of the corner of her eyes to see her reaction. If anything she should be glad he was at least alive and able to make a joke.