Thread: High Seas
View Single Post
Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 06-15-2017, 04:08 PM

Sammy started to breath a sigh of relief which turned into a quick intake of breath of surprise. Biting her tongue she swallowed and looked at the floor. "Yes captain. Of course." Than she fled to the upper deck and sunk to the floor with her back against one of the crates that she still needed to take down below. She took a deep breath of calming sea air and tried to stop her heart from pounding as hard as it was.

As she heard footsteps coming up the gang plank she straightened herself up and began to struggle with the next crate, watching as the meats were brought aboard by the hired help. Right on time, she nodded at them briefly when they looked at her and she continued on her way. Suddenly hands slid next to hers and helped her lift the box.

She looked up startled and let out a sigh of relief. "You're hopeless you know?" Said one of the crew members with a lopsided grin. He was tall to her, around 6 foot she'd guess, with tanned skin from the sun and messy brown hair. He was always kind to her despite her being a useless cabin boy when it came to anything heavy.

She returned the grin, "It's the problem with being a puny little boy."

"Just gotta work on those muscles. Let me get the heavy ones, you get the meats they shouldn't be nearly as bad you can just roll them." She was about to accept his help when her mind panicked. The Captain was still down below with that playboy that had tried to hit on her. Crap.

"How about you just help me get them down the steps and I'll get them into storage."

"Whatever you say squirt. You get an effective amount of work load done how you organize that room. I won't mess things up. " He dissapeared down the stairs with the crate and she let out the breath she didn't realize she'd been holding and went for the salted meat barrels that could indeed just be rolled on their sides. He was already top side when she got halfway to the stairs and going for a second crate. "Race you?"

"Oh come on now, that's not fair. i already took care of some of the crates."

"Well than I'll just do the rest of the crates and take care of two of the barrels before you finish." And he was sprinting across the deck. With a shake of her head she carefully rolled the barrel down the steps standing in front of it and than rolling it to the storage room door. Noting as she passed that the crate was in fact at the bottom of the steps. Phew.