View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-15-2014, 08:11 PM

Her brows furrowed ever so slightly at the nonsensical gibberish drow was spurting. Was he drunk? He hadn't been drunk hour ago or less, if he was the who had helped the thief back at the inn. She hadn't seen him in person, but the guards and barkeeper had, mentioning that he was a drow. How many dark elves could be wandering this region at the same time? Mae could guess that not many. So, what caused this strange talk? It didn't seem to be a ploy. Perhaps... poison? Had the dark woman back stabbed him? She leaned slightly, trying to see if his pupils were dilated or he was sweating profusely.

That moment, his eyes flashed red and he seemed to recover. And it was true, although still weakened, he saw clearly and blood seemed to flow faster now - the change in his blood began to wear off as Laeth had only put it on him lightly, plus, his ability helped to clear most of what he could feel directly as well. She moved back, right as he began to assault her with questions. Casually, she pushed off a small leaf off of her shoulder while the man spoke.

"We found nothing, milady," guards returned by her side and she nodded to them, her attention focused on trapped person. He had finished asking and looked awfully angry. Last statement again did not make much sense, why would he want to catch her if he helped her escape? Did she not share the bounty with him and indeed betray, so he was out for revenge? But that she'd find out with time.

"I am aware that the woman has stolen something, since the items belong to my temple," she pointed out. "I am Lacrimae Heliandum, High Priestess of Sun and it's very likely you are the man who aided thief escape the inn, therefor you can be considered her accomplice and a criminal. Until proven otherwise, you will remain prisoner." Slight glow appeared within the cage floating and stretching out, then clamping around his wrists and pulling them behind his back where the glow joined, forming handcuffs of sorts and heating up. The energy perhaps would not hold against a powerful struggle, but since it emitted heat that would burn him if came in contact with skin directly and even more if he attempted to drag hands through, they would serve their purpose.

The cage disappeared. As it had already been lowered to ground, drow didn't fall. She informed him calmly: "If you attempt to escape, it will be taken as full admission of guilt so my guards can and will shoot you." If he had any trouble getting up, she helped him and not in unkind manner either as one would expect. His weapons were taken by one of the men. And then they were on their way back - she first in line, then him and at the end, both guards keeping close to the prisoner. Clothes she wore fitted their surroundings, tones of greens and browns with slight floral motive across the chest. It was one of her travelling outfits, having arrived so late at the temple, she didn't have chance to change in one of her regular dresses. This time, it had only been good, too. Both riding and hunting rogue thieves in forest were not so easily done in flowing dresses.

If there was no incident on their way back, soon enough the small group came out of the forest and short while later, reached main group of guards. Horses that still had had manacles when Laeth spooked them had calmed down, but others were missing. Woman slid an expectant gaze over guards and they all looked down at the ground. One of them stepped forward, avoiding to look her in the eyes until she told him to. Met with calm, yet stern blue gaze, he sputtered out the bad news of thief escaping and scaring the mounts. Her jaw clenched.

"Temple guards shall explain their failure later today, after the midday prayer. City guards, return to your post - I will talk with your captain tomorrow," Lacrimae said, her voice ringing out clear and all men from the city hurried to their - or their fellow's steeds - to ride back home, relieved that the storm had not hit them yet, but in dampened spirits for it surely it would not pass.

She turned to one of her personal guards and gestured towards dark elf: "Get this man up on horse." She then realized she had not learned his name yet, quite rude of her, really, but that would be remedied during questioning.
"My lady, we do not... have enough horses anymore," the guard quietly protested, eyeing drow. "Then some of you will have to walk. It seems the exercise would do you all good, perhaps then you will not be as slow during next emergency if it were to come." Her tone accepted no arguing and so, Mae's will was done and soon, group was riding towards town, then through and towards temple, drow's horse ponied by priestess herself.

When they reached temple, a guard took over holding drow's horse while priestess gave few orders - apparently to prepare room for the prisoner. They had no 'actual' cell, but one room where at some point in, the possessed waiting for purifying had been held, had metal bars in windows and heavy doors. That now would become his. Then, all of his belongings were taken, his clothes and boots checked for any concealed weapons or things. If they were found, those also were confiscated.

When he was led in the room, very civilly, no pushing or punches in back unless he tried to be purposely slow, bed was freshly made and smelled like flowers, there was a water pitcher and bowl on small table and even two books. Other than this, there was just one chair for furniture and a screen divider, behind that toilet.

When doors fell shut with thud and lock was turned, the light that held his hands together disappeared, freeing him.

OO C: She's all 'I am the law. ' Outfit is 'regular one' shown in her profile.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~