View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 05-01-2015, 04:09 AM

Berit turned around to see the man the receptionist was pointing to, after all, it seemed like a great coincidence that she'd arrived just in time as Opera at Midnight came through the hotel door. Berit could have cried from sheer happiness. She'd been searching for these band members for days, well, night, rather, but still, they were very secretive. It was such a relief to finally get the chance to take another step forward in her investigation, and the sooner this investigation was over, the sooner should could go on a date with that handsome man from Internal Affairs.

Berit nodded at the receptionist and thanked her for her time, then she approached Trey with her clipboard in her hand, smiling, she said,

"Hi. I know this is late, I'm Berit Brown. I'm a big fan of yours." She stretched forth her hand, open for Trey to shake it. "Are you and your band members currently busy? I'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind? I'm sorry it's so late and you're all probably very tired, but this is very important to me." She gave her best, innocent smile. She didn't tell them she was a police officer, just to avoid making them feel jumpy or unnatural around her. Whatever information she could get with what little they knew about her would be good enough. "I promise, I will go through my questions quickly!"

- - -

Adam nodded as Trey slipped into the hotel and said he was going to pack. Adam thought about it, himself, he needed to pack as well, as he'd assumed between his band mates, he'd take the longest to pack. Though, most of his belongings were just instruments and piles of sheet music.

A woman approached them and Adam's blood ran cold. His fight or flight response almost caused him to either grab his friends and run or flat out attack the woman who dared to approach his friends. As she explained that she was a fan, it calmed Adam a little bit, but he was still very wary of her. Something didn't feel right and she didn't quite act like their usual fans. Despite them doing many concerts in varying cities, Adam had gotten accustomed to seeing some of the same fans in the crowd. This woman... Berit, did she say? This woman was not one of those fans.

Adam put on his best calm and collected face and he approached Berit, standing beside Trey and putting a hand on his band mate's shoulder.

"We appreciate your interest..." Adam said as he squeezed Trey's shoulder a little, feeling anxious around this mysterious woman. "But we usually do not talk to fans outside of concerts and after concerts." Adam looked to Emil and silently pleaded for Emil to take care of the situation, Emil always had a way with words. Perhaps he could figure out how to make this woman leave them alone? She gave Adam the creeps and he wanted nothing more than to walk passed her and run to his hotel room, collect his items and leave.