View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 07-29-2018, 02:22 AM

(I am so sorry friend. It happened again and I got busy with life and forgot to check Mene. It find myself spending less time on my laptop and more on my phone, though I should see how Mene loads on my phone sometime.)

Skylee was surprised to see Tom hit the man though she didn't blame him at all; in fact if Tom hadn't, she probably would have hit the creep. She smiled at Daisy, returning the girl's gratitude with a 'don't worry about it.' Her blue eyes wandered around the bar that was starting to get crowded and she was quickly getting the desire to get out of there.

"Why don't we get out of here, maybe go find somewhere a little quieter," Sam said as if reading Skylee's mind and she quickly agreed. After all, though none of them approached, she could feel the eyes of several other guys on her and it gave her the shivers. Plus she was shaking a bit as the adrenaline rush was wearing off.

Besides now that it was wearing off; she found old memories that she didn't want to remember, fighting to resurface. Skylee knew well what it was like to deal with men who saw women as weak and didn't understand the meaning of the word 'no,' or at the very least didn't think that it applied to them. And she desperately didn't want to relive the memories trying to arise in her head; feared what would happen if she did. She might well just fall apart into a shaking, bawling mess and she for sure didn't want Sam to see that or be subjected to it. After all he was such a sweet soul with a good heart and she was sure he would feel the need to get involved. It would devastate Skylee if Sam ended up hurt because of her and her demons.