View Single Post
Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 02-10-2014, 07:36 PM

Alright, my memory to match this date is: A guy/customer where I work dropped his checks on the ground and left not realizing it. I went to turn it into customer service (its his, no one else's) and later about five minutes or so, he returned asking if anyone found any checks on the ground. I said I did and turned them in. He came back to me afterwards saying "This is for being honest, thank you" and left after slipping me a $20 bill which TOTALLY caught me off guard (i only have 3 hours of sleep and a tad bit of caffeine, but I was aware of what was happening) and I tried to tell him no but he wouldn't take that for an answer. So after that, I slipped it into my pocket, and finished my day out. At the end of the day I was trying to figure out what to do with it and because I don't like taking money or anything for doing what I was raised to do. Mainly a good deed. I then went to buy a gift card from the store itself and waited a few minutes for someone to need some help money wise. I know most of my customers, those who really need help, and those who just act like it. So I found this customer I knew and gave her the gift card telling her "Here, a $20 gift card" and she asked why was I giving it away and I just said "Passing along the kindness" then I quickly slipped out of the store while she was confused lol

I can't stand taking money or anything for doing something good. It really bugs me. I have to give that money away or I have to somehow use it towards others.