Thread: Flight
View Single Post
PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck the Axe at the dude trying to choke you with it.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:25 AM

I do not own Final Fantasy 7 or profit any real money from this story. I do own any original characters that I create solely for my use and mine alone.

"You don't know what you're saying Yuffie. You're too young and inexperienced in life to understand." Vincent's voice echoed through the silent bar.

Tears streamed down my cheeks, too hurt and ashamed that I had finally said those three words. Tifa had told me that Vince felt the same. But I guess not… She had the others there to "give me courage". Of course that's not what it feels like…

"Damn it Vince. Stomp on the kid why don't'cha!" Cid bellowed at him. How thoughtful of the old man, hyuh?

"Cid. Yuffie's not a kid anymore. She's an adult." Tifa said trying to smooth things over. Just like Tifa to do that.

"Look. It's fine." I plaster my big grin on my face. The fake one. The one that I use to say that 'Everything's fine', even when it's not. It's not like I'm 'lying'. 'Cause I'm not. ….Okay. Maybe a little. So I forced back my tears, and grinned right at Vince, "It was just a joke." I laughed. "Denz dared me to tell you that I loved you!" I doubled over in laughter. It was easy. All I had to do was think of the time that I used strawberry Kool-Aid to dye Clouds hair red, and it turned out pink. One of my favorite pranks so far this year.

I know that everyone was giving me looks. I've always been known as the "child". And I guess that's the way that it's gonna stay. Out of the corner of my eyes I see Tifa, she's really disappointed in me. She told me the other day that I've 'come a lone way'. Maybe I haven't really.

Calming myself, I stood back up. Vince was glaring at me. Of course, he'd be. The way that he saw it I was making a joke out of Love. So I do the only thing that's natural, I glare back. "I can make jokes about whatever, and whoever I want to ya'kno" I said in defiance.

"I know that Yuffie. And that is what keeps you a child. You need to grow up." With a swirl of his cape, he left the Seventh Heaven.

Tifa came up behind me and put her hand on my shoulder. "Yuffie…" She stopped when she heard me crying. Yes, crying. I may be the Great Ninja Yuffie, but I'm still a living breathing being ya'kno!

Before anyone could say anything I tore away and ran to the roof.