Thread: Swimming!
View Single Post
Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 06-28-2016, 11:17 PM

Now that I've gotten into the swing of this summer I want to start swimming laps again. I live right next to a lake and that's my primary swim spot. We do have a few pools around camp, but those are usually swamped by guests so you can't really do laps and they're just generally crowded. So instead I'll walk down the this area we call The Cove (so creative, I know) and swim laps there.

I started swimming pretty young and I'm familiar with pretty much all the different strokes because I had to show I was at least proficient with them when I did lifeguard training. That was forever ago and I need to get re-certified if I ever wanted to pick that up again. I'm also a pretty good endurance swimmer and the furthest I've ever gone was two miles. Never swam competitively though.

As I mentioned before I typically swim in the lake, but I'll swim just about anywhere there's a body of water suited for the job. I really love swimming in the ocean too. Unfortunately that was where I had my near drowning experience because I underestimated the wave size. Didn't die though, so that's good.

I would really love to try deep sea or cave diving in the future.