Thread: {Worlds Merged}
View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-30-2014, 12:02 AM

((I'm going to have Marin go off on her own. Go on about your businesses. I'm doing it as a way to get Ever_After's two characters involved. So leave Marin be for now and party away! ))

Of his standing? Who was Edward, to this world, she wondered. He did carry himself quite differently from anyone else she'd met since she could remember. Of course, that wasn't saying much, since she couldn't remember anything before a few days ago.

She shook her head and smiled assuringly, "No no! No reason to leave on my account. It's fine," she said. She tried the cake as she was told, respectfully. It was delicious. Was it something she had had before? What if it was something she didn't even like, before...

Marin realized that Edward was watching her. She sat up straighter and took daintier bites of the cake. Why was he looking at her like that? And why was he with her, in whatever standing he was in? She became very self conscious again and her cheeks turned a rosy pink.

She set her fork down to ask him why he'd brought her here, but he was standing up. Had she offended him already? He told her he would be right back, and she watched him exit the cafe. Only a moment later, Kerry herself was sitting down across from Marin. She smiled politely, "It's very good, thank you." She took another bite to prove that she meant it.

Kerry talked for a moment about owning a cafe, and knowing Edward for a long time, but gave no information that would answer any of Marin's questions. After a couple of minutes, Marin stopped her. "Excuse me, for interrupting," she said, glancing down. "May I use your restroom?"

The blue haired woman pointed to the back, and excused herself to deal with some other customers, surely making it known to Marin that she needn't feel hurried. Kerry was very nice. Marin wondered if it was because of Edward. No one had been nice to her before she found him, or rather, he found her.

Marin slid out of the corner table and padded, still barefoot, to the restroom door. She felt very uncomfortable with all the eyes that lingered on her, and kept her eyes on the floor. She was so different from everyone else. Not like a human, but not a vampire.

Something in her caused her heart to ache. She was so lonely, and lost. She put a hand out to push the bathroom door open, but someone called her name. She turned her head instantly. Who would know her? "Come here," the voice whispered, as a figure disappeared out the back door.

Marin's overwhelming curiosity got the best of her. Perhaps she would find out something about her past, or what had happened to her, by following.... She bypassed the restrooms and pushed out the back door into an alley, separate the one everyone else was in.

Her pendant glowed in the shadows of the buildings and she reached up to hold it. Why was it doing that? What did it mean? Where had she even gotten it? "Marin...", the voice whispered again. Was she imagining it? Where had the person gone who she'd seen disappear out the door? Well, she couldn't be sure she'd really even seen someone...

She walked slowly down the alley, just in time to see a shadow turn down another alley. "Please wait!" she called desperately, and hurried to follow. She followed shadows and whispers through a maze of alleys, until she had no idea where she was at all, and was quite far away from the cafe.

Darkness would fall soon, and thus, the alley ways were darkening significantly, too. She came to a dead end, but no one was there. Her pendant no longer glowed either. She felt very disappointed, and incredibly empty. Marin stood there, staring at the wall for a few moments longer. She was so sure she'd been called here.

Suddenly, someone spoke behind her. Marin turned around slowly, thinking it the person who had called her here. But it wasn't. The man stepped forward, with a devilish grin. He was a vampire, and it was obvious to Marin, though she wouldn't know why.

He advanced on her, though slowly. "You seem to be lost," he said, reaching out to touch her hair. She frowned, confused, though not yet worried. She was here because she'd followed something. But why would anyone else be down here? Had he followed her from the cafe? He brought her pale hair to his nose and inhaled.

Was that normal? That didn't feel like something acceptable in a run-in with someone. She reached up to gingerly take her hair back, but he grabbed her wrist, bringing her hand to his face. She tried to pull it away. "What are you d-", she tried to ask, but he cut her off. "You smell, delicious....", he said, not allowing her to pull away.

With his other hand, he reached out to caress the delicate pale skin of her neck. When he smiled now, his fangs seemed longer. Marin's heart rate picked up, and his smile widened. He loved that sound, the sound of a fluttering heart, the blood flowing rapidly through it.

"You can't, drink human blood...", Marin informed him, as if he might not have heard of the peace agreement. He smiled again, and pushed her hair away from her neck. He leaned in close. "I can do whatever I want," he whispered menacingly.