View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-23-2013, 10:26 AM

Blue eyes clenched tightly, body was tense and he fully expected to feel the hard impact of the ground. He landed on something soft well not exactly soft. More like fleshy and hard muscle. Then the half elf was dumped on the ground as his rescuer rolled out from under him. Those eyes opened, slightly startled, his heart pounding in his chest, thundering in his ears as he sat up. The half elf's eyes on the man that had saved him from breaking a few bones if not more. Maybe even his neck. It took Erynion a few moments to realize he had missed a moment. If he had known the man would move to break his fall, he would have been more composed and his fingers would have been ready to slip here and there to see what they could snatch.

A missed opportunity. Erynion hated missed opportunities. A slight frown touched his lips, but it quickly turned to a smile as he grabbed the offered hand and stood. His pounding heart was calming considerably fast. His brush with death hadn't seem to shake him too awfully much. "Why, I was showering you with my good looks of course." He spoke the words as if it should have been clearly obvious to this, Striker. Erynion released Striker's hand, taking a half step back and giving him an over exaggerated bow, almost mockingly. "Erynion, at your service, my lord Striker." He straightened from the bow quick enough, hands now moving to dust himself off a bit.

"You have saved my life, lord Striker." That hint of a frown was on his lips again, then it was gone. Those lips pressed together tightly into a thin line for a moment as Erynion thought. If this man now saw Erynion as being indebted to him there wouldn't be much the half elf could do about it..or if he wanted some kind of monetary reward, again there wasn't much Erynion could do about that. "I have nothing to offer as repayment, though clearly I am in your debt now?" So many different people would treat such debts so differently, it was impossible to tell where he stood with this stranger.