View Single Post
Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Shadow and Ice.
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 11-04-2015, 01:58 AM

The fall leaves had been nice when I had started out that morning on the trip with my family, we had gotten a lead on a new coven. Now as I ran through the woods the flaming colors of the leaves taunted me with thoughts of what had happened just hours before. We had approached the house our antimagic shields raised as suddenly fire burst from every window of the house. Our lead had not told us that it was a family of fire starters just that a fire starter had been sighted. My father had been the first to fall to their fire, it took him so fast that he did not even get the chance to scream before he succumbed. Mother lasted longer her shield making sounds of screaming metal before she too died. I still don’t know that how I had lasted to turn and run but now I found the color of the trees mocking me as I ran.

Behind me I could still hear them calling out to each other as they fallowed my trail through the wood. I could hear in front of me the sounds of water, lots of water and those behind me seem to take heart in the sound. To me all that water means it maybe another way of living for a few more minutes, maybe even a way to escape from them faster. Pain lanced up my left ankle as the branch’s around me left tiny cuts as I raced by them. I almost did not stop as I came upon the sound of the water. One moment I was pushing through the woods and the next I was looking over a fifteen foot droop as water roared over it. I Could feel my heart jump through my throat but I knew if I did not try to get passed this the sounds of people behind me would be on me and I would fall like my father. That thought steeled my nerves and I took a leap of faith. The water was ice cold, its power as it went over the falls battered agented my skin. Then darkness was all I could see, ice and darkness.

Went I came to I was down river from the falls and in loads of pain. My arm was broken and twisted up under my body as I lay there looking towards the sky. I could not tell if I still had both of my legs as the pain was just too great. I must have passed out a few times from the pain its self for I watched the sun Jump acrossed the sky. Soon it would be night and then the cold would be the least of my worrys, there were things out in these woods that I did not want to run acrossed.