View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-03-2016, 08:34 PM

"Damn it!" Alan grumbled, banging his fist on the hood of the truck. It would figure that something would go wrong when it was starting to get late. When he opened the hood, steam billowed out, nearly burning his face. A stupid mistake, as he knew better than to mess around with a car so shortly after it had been in use. He was sure the engine had just overheated, the gauge must be broken, because it hadn't moved one bit to indicate an issue. At least he noticed the issue before completely destroying it. Of course if he couldn't manage to get his hands on some coolant, and some spare time to let the truck sit, it wouldn't much matter. The sun already hung low in the sky, he didn't like the idea of being so out in the open at dark, even with the new found camper.

"Not good?" Andrew asked, coming around to the front of the truck. He scanned the area, it was pretty much vacant farm land. Both good and bad, he figured, since at least there wasn't many places for things to hide, but at the same time, they were all btu sitting ducks. He raked his hands through his hair and leaned against the truck. Was that a house just down the road? The sun was shining in his eyes which made it hard to tell. He wondered if they could manage to push the truck, though it may be difficult with the trailer on the back.

The hood slammed shut, causing Andrew to jump. "Look's like we're stuck here for the night." Alan didn't sound too happy about that, not that he blamed him. "I'd rather not, I see a house over there, I think..." He pointed in the direction they had been headed anyways, towards the setting sun. Alan squinted, he didn't see anything, but then again, his eyesight wasn't the best. Perhaps he shouldn't have put off going to get his eyes checked out so long, now there was little chance of doing anything about it.

"Push!" Andrew said with a groan, his feet dug into the gravel road beneath him as he stood on the passenger side of the truck, the door open, his hands gripping the frame as he tried to force the vehicle forward. Alan did the same, but he also struggled to steer when they finally got it moving. Who knew all those years of football would turn out to be so useful. It was slow going, but once they got moving it was easy enough to keep the truck going down the lane, even with the camper being towed behind. It was almost dark by the time they were anywhere near the house, dread filled Andrew as he saw the minivan out front. He hadn't expected other people to be here, but the tracks looked fresh enough. Would they be friendly? Alan read his mind, reaching into the truck and pulling out the shotgun, Andrew did the same.

"Anyone in there?"