View Single Post
Love Moose
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-05-2016, 03:16 AM

Violet couldn't help but smile shyly and blush at the attention she was receiving from Andrew. She hadn't had many boyfriends in school, always being passed over for pretty blondes. She stuck close to the attractive man, clearly seeking more attention.

Daryl on the other hand, hung back, observing quietly. Alan offered jerky which Violet took eagerly. Neither of the former students had eaten meat in a few days, living off of canned pastas and ramen noodles. Daryl refused the offer, not wanting to take a change on the food being tainted.

"So, where are you from?" Violet asked, mostly speaking to Andrew, not paying much mind to Alan at all. She went on and on, chatting with Andrew until she eventually tuckered out and feel asleep. It'd been a long week and it'd been a while since she'd felt safe enough to really, deeply sleep. Daryl's own eyes started to feel very heavy as he stared into the crackling fire which had started to die down. It was getting late, Daryl's watch reading one A.M. He just couldn't bring himself to relax, fully believing these men were out to hurt them.

-------

Early the next morning, Violet rose with a yawn and a stretch that made her joint crack and pop pleasantly. "Good Morning!" She spoke loudly with no regard to anyone that might still be sleeping. Daryl jolted awake, becoming ever alert in an instant. He's finally dozed at some point, but his sleep had been restless and light.

"Ain't you ever learned 'bout manners?" He groaned irritably, the Georgian accent in his voice particularly obvious in his half-awake state.

"Rise and shine! It's nearly noon!" She threw the barn doors open, allowing sunlight to flood in.

Daryl whined irritably and pulled him sleeping bag over his head, attempting to block out the harsh light.

"I'm making breakfast!" She declared, pulling out powered eggs and water from their supplies. She rekindled the fire, starting her cooking.

"I think I saw a well not far from here. Ima go take a bath of sorts." Daryl declared, leaving the barn with a bar of soap, shampoo, and a change of clothes.