View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-19-2014, 06:46 PM

5 minutes ago.

"Alec, let's do something fuuun," sweet voice spoke up suddenly behind him, a sharp chin settling down on man's shoulder. If he hadn't already gotten used to such things, he would jerk and swerve the car probably right into one of the trees on the roadside. "Cheryl! I told you to not do that! Do you want me to die?" he hissed. "Well, if you didn't stay as boring, might not be so bad!" she laughed lightly and he knew the mischievous sparks danced in her eyes. Although she didn't really mean it, the words didn't become kinder.

"I am tired, sis," he explained in calm tone. "That's because you work too much. You should relax... And that's why I wanna do something fun with you," young woman pulled away and straightened in back seat, arms crossed across her chest. "Fine, but tomorrow. Tonight I need to rest," he gave in with sigh, knowing there was little use to argue with his sister when she was like this.

She pouted. "Fine. But it doesn't mean I won't go to play now." And with that, she was gone, leaving only slightly horrified Alec in the car. He wasn't afraid of what she had done, appear and disappearing out and into blue air, but for what her words implied. Immediately, he hit on brakes and started looking around. There were so many houses here that Cheryl could have picked...

Present.

Alec was standing in front of the gates to house of Little Jackson and his family. There was no doubt she had picked here. He had seen how one of the 2nd floor windows lit up suddenly and familiar figure standing there. She had waved at him and then disappeared, probably moving to another room.

"Cheryl!" he called out, pulling jacket tighter about his body in meek attempt to keep rain from soaking him completely. Why out of all houses she had to pick this one? He still had decent relationships with this family, in fact, they had asked him to fix backyard steps just yesterday and he had planned to do that tomorrow. And they had a kid. Man didn't like the thought of his sister scaring some kid senseless. Alec called out again and pushed at the gates, but they were locked. Of course. He rang the bell, mind grasping at reasons why he could have stopped by at this late hour. Well, the adults would understand... They knew the truth.

Meanwhile, creaking continued throughout the house. And the doors down the corridor opened and then fell shut. Oh, she was just getting warmed up. The little, new mouse had to be coerced into playing, you see. Because Cheryl knew what her brother didn't - that someone completely unaware of this town's qualities was here tonight. Somewhere, something heavy fell and light bulb by coach flickered.