View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-16-2016, 07:14 PM

"They are undesirable to my father as match for me, if that's what you're asking. As a whole, I don't feel that way, and I don't think he does, but I can't assume to speak for him. I'm not sure how else to answer it..." Rose wasn't sure why he was asking such strange questions, but she was confused at this point and didn't enjoy this part of the conversation. She watched him eat the fruit, wondering if she should try and force down more. The little bit she ate, while tasty, hadn't agreed with her stomach, obviously she was not fully over this whole ordeal.

At his next question she blushed, was he asking what she thought he was? Surely he wouldn't. "A husband does not want a damaged woman, either in reputation, or..." She paused, shaking her head, not willing to finish that. "A wife is a reflection on her husband, she entertains his guests, runs his household, and is the mother of his children. If you're not pure, what good will you be in those aspects? A man would be a mockery to his friends, his children would be hellions without morals..." At least that is along the lines of what her mother had told her. All of it made sense to her as well, and she had no problem holding herself to those ideals, even if that now meant she was one of the women she had hoped to never be.

===

"Lass, you're on a pirate ship. Every man here had probably felt like that at one point in his life, that's how they end up here. It's easy to get caught up in being a pirate and ignoring whatever may be the issue." Gerard shrugged, not sure how to explain it much to her. He wasn't being completely truthful, he was here because this is where his father had once been, and his father's father, and so on. It was a cycle of sailing, drinking, and whoring that he wasn't about to break. He had been on a ship for so long that he wasn't sure he'd manage living on land for more than a week or two. "The only plus about being a pirate in that regard is you still get to drink and bed whomever you wish" He grinned at that and nudged her with his elbow. Apparently he couldn't stop himself from being crude, even during a more serious conversation.

Up on his elbow once more he drank from the bottle, sighing with content as the ale slid down his throat. This was good ale, he'd be sad when it was gone. Again he held it out towards her, raising his eyebrow, "You're already in my bed, what's the harm?" What else was he to do? He knew little else beside the three things a pirate was good at, and his answer always had been to drink.