View Single Post
ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 10:42 PM

if you can learn on GIMP or some other open source program, i'd definitely recommend that! i just always really struggled with the interfaces because i only ever took classes on Photoshop. but a lot of the free/open-source programs out there for digital art are really good, and some can even do things PS can't.

hmm, Loish is the first artist that comes to mind for me. it's also used in some old animes, but i can't think of one off the top of my head. just this thing with the really chunky highlight that extends onto the inside color, sometimes the stark white:

but my favorite is when she chooses highlight colors that complement mood lighting:

yeah, i can definitely see how when you know the right people to follow it can be a great site! it's just so not set up for easily finding and following people unless the algorithm already knows what you like, and even then it's mostly sponsored stuff that was popping up for me. thanks Muskrat.

that's true, i appreciate that it's familiar and they didn't go and change anything but the background color. (which is so funny to me, how many shades of blue are they gonna run through? )