View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-22-2023, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiyukaE View Post
Aaah, that does probably change a lot of it! Do they maybe show things a bit more from Mei's point of view or offer more of a background? Because in the anime, she just gave me a very icky feeling for the largest time which absolutely coloured my enjoyment.

I do agree with you regarding 'not knowing how to handle it'. BL is a lot more straightforward and maybe fits the same story beats of other anime more than GL does? I should probably read/watch some more, honestly, to get a better sense of it.

Adding Goodbye, My Rose Garden to my list of things to watch. (correction: to read, since it's a manga)

And oh, of course, there's always Revolutionary Girl Utena!
Mei is....complicated , and I can totally see how they might have handled her wrongly. I kinda want to watch the anime now to see exactly how they handled the whole thing but by the end in the manga I loved them both.

I had forgotten about Utena!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I feel like recommending two anime that had very slight GL themes then! A Place Further Than the Universe and The Aquatope on White Sand. I loved both of them. Really well-done drama and adorable girls doing good work for the world. ; w;

I've seen bits and pieces of Citrus and I'm pretty sure I don't like the harassment(?) in it...? Ooh! Sound! Euphonium is another KyoAni anime! I haven't watched it but I'm sure it's good~ I actually watched an anime movie based off of it--Liz and the Blue Bird. That was a sweet, subtle GL. X3
*Secretly adding both to her watch list* >...>