View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-28-2023, 08:02 PM

Alex recognized the song on the radio and tapped her finger along to the beat as she drove. She hated driving in the city but thankfully traffic wasn’t too bad at this hour…and she knew how to assert herself when she needed to gain a lane. She glanced briefly over at Cor when she mentioned she could eat. That was good, she had been worried that Cor might need some convincing. It’d be good for her to get something in her stomach to soak up a bit of the alcohol before bed. Cora could hold her drink she was sure but it would help minimize any hangover in the morning. ”Mm, I wonder what’s good on the menu…” she mused, trying to mentally calculate what might sound good as a comfortable silence settled over them.

The breeze from the passenger side window whipped her hair about as she drove but Alex didn’t mind. The fresh air felt good, even if the city air couldn’t compare to the pastures back home. When Cora piped up again, Alex swung a left as instructed. It was nice to be listening to her friend’s voice and not the falsely chipper electronic voice over from her GPS. That woman was enough to drive her insane sometimes—as Alex liked to tell her—but her navigation assistant wasn’t much of a conversationalist. Still, it didn’t stop Alex from talking at her like her phone was listening.

”The ranch is alright,” Alex said with a shrug, ”Nothing new really. Nelson is still a stubborn old man. Had a fit when I was cleaning his stall earlier. Still, he’s a good horse…” she added fondly. Her family had had Nelson since she was a little girl and though he wasn’t her horse per se, Alex had fond memories of growing up with him. ”Did a couple of weddings lately,” Alex replied to Cora’s second question. ”Not my favorite but they tend to pay well. I’ve been wanting to start something new though…” she added, her voice trailing off at the end. The truth was she’d been in a bit of a rut lately. Noticing the Hilton coming up, Alex merged lanes and took a right after the hotel and kept her eyes peeled for the Marriott.