LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-03-2017, 04:45 AM

I seem to be late to the party but at least I didn't completely miss it. xD

Here's my entry. Enjoy. ~_^

Show Me The Shorty!
Username: LillieRose
Entry:

Siara Atterton carefully lowered one foot on the first rung and slowly began her descent.

All the years of experience could not prepare her for this - she was excited and terrified.

A find as big as the one she was about to explore only comes along once in a lifetime.

She reached the last rung and as her spacesuit protected arms let go of the bars, she turned around and gasped.

The alien structure in front of her was magnificent. It was definitely made by sentient beings, Siara concluded, based on the shape of what appeared to be the entrance.

It was perfectly circular with what appeared to be beautifully detailed, triangular carvings around the outer edge of it.

As she approached, she flicked on the recording button wired to the visor of her helmet and reached out to touch one of the edges to retrieve a sample. She carefully placed the sample in one of the compartments on the arm of her suit and datavised a quick order to her ship computer for analysis.

After a few moment, the results data appeared on her visor's screen.

"Material: organic.
Origin: unknown.
Compound: unknown.
Results: inconclusive.
Retrieve more samples for further analysis."

Siara's pupils widened. An organic material of unknown origin? Uncommon but not unusual.

Since humankind began its space exploration, many marvelous discoveries have been made but there were still many secrets to uncover. The universe was vast.

Despite the tingle of fear down her spine, Siara decided to proceed.

She carefully stepped in front of the circular entrance and observed that the triangle shaped carvings were arranged all around it in a very purposeful manner, as the space between them was equal all around.

She reached out and touched the lower, protruding end of one of them.

Suddenly, a warm wind blew right toward her from the centre of the entrance hole.

Her poor human eyes were not quick enough to detect the movement of the arch above her head, as it crushed down on her.

And with a sickening crunch and a belch, she was no more.