View Single Post
Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. Only the strong survive."

Old 06-23-2011, 01:52 AM

Scarlett stared at the boys blue eyes and could tell by the expression that he was saying she looked just as sad as him. "It's nice to meet you L, I'm Scarlett." She whispered softly, nodding a little. "Yeah, it's pretty cold." She said, her gaze not leaving his. "Tis' a shame you can't sleep, I can't either." She said, her eyes slightly red from sobbing. That's when she thought of an idea. "L, theres keys behind you.. on the wall. Could you possibly get me out of these chains and cell?" She asked, her voice a tad pleading. "I promise I won't run or anything.. I just wish to go to the deck for a little while." She said, the passion in her voice returning from earlier. "I'd like to see the stars, the sea, and the blurred view of that beautiful city in the darkness." She said, noticing how the boys hair was as dark as hers.

When he touched the chains around her wrist she moved her other hand to touch his. It was a nice, warm feeling. For a moment she was happy, but then she let her hand drop. "I'm sorry.." She said, looking down at her chains. She could tell by his hoarse voice that he didn't talk much, which she was fine with. All she wanted was to have someone to listen to her sorrows.

Marquets eyes softened, and he gently picked the girl up with his slightly muscular arms and carried her to his bed. He sat her down on it and put the red silk covers over her and then pulled up a fancy arm chair next to the bed. He quickly sat down. "I'm used to it because i'm not used to the land. The stillness and quietness of it kills me, yet at sea theres the crashing of the waves and the songs of the sailors." He said, looking out the captains window to the sea as if in a trance. "And then theres those pretty mermaids. Hell, they sing so lovely. Almost like that girl below deck, but they only wish to kill." He said, clearing his throat.

"I'm sorry about the girl, but I need this money. And the girl.. it's not like she had much ahead of her, when I found her all she had was a dinky ship a small crew, and no money." He said, biting his lip. "How about you sleep here for the night, and i'll sleep in this chair." He said, noticing how tired she was.