Thread: Heat & Rust
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-01-2018, 08:19 PM

"I've already done my part, but I fear I can't understand what anyone else is feeling in this moment myself," Muttering, Erwan ducked away from the other man. "Just go already!" Finally, the other man did leave, having riled him up yet again. Erwan stalked farther into the ruined village, not wanting to be a part of that conversation despite having suggested it himself. He doubted his curiosity would ever outweigh his political loyalties so really, Chance was just grasping at straws. He would never attract Erwan to his side in this manner and nor would he gain a romantic partner. Better leave that to people less mired in their own self. Erwan had no interest in that.

His thoughts running in circles due to the other man's words, Erwan continued to walk the length of the village. He ignored all attempts at conversation, though a few of the villagers did attempt it. Erwan only reacted with actions should they be necessary, then stalked away further. He knew how the heat worked very well. He'd mated before and yet he felt no interest afterwards. To think that the choice in partner could be anything but random. It went against all he'd been taught. He didn't let himself get dragged into things with Hayden and Chance because he wanted to. And yet, a quiver of doubt twisted in his stomach, making him more ill than treating the wounds here did.

Trying to shake it all away, Erwan turned toward the clearing where he'd left Hayden. No doubt whatever emotional support Chance was offering Hayden would be over now. So much had happened in this day and he felt ready for it to end. 'Rornigoth, get ready to fly. We will be leaving soon,' he sent a quick note to his dragon as his pace quickened. There would also be much to report after they returned, which only made the unease in his stomach worse. Much to report indeed.