View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 07-29-2010, 08:16 PM

21. War ( cont of heaven)

She didn't know how long it lasted. Minutes? Hours? She lay alone in the gardens, her and her still unborn child. The pain in her belly grew worse and for a time she couldn't she was lost in it. She rolled onto her back and looked up at the gray clouds that had formed overhead. They were swollen and waiting as she was, waiting to give birth to something.

She heard a deep bellow from somewhere far away, a war cry. Maybe it was Roku? Maybe he was surviving. Maybe he would live and they could be together. Her and her unexpected husband that had killed all of her people, and her son.

But tears rose in her eyes as the impossibility of it all overwhelmed her. The heavens answered her tears, raindrops falling on her sweat-drenched skin. "If we survive this," she whispered placing a hand on her swollen belly, "You'll be a child without a father," She closed her eyes and let the drops of rain wash over her as the waves of pain in her belly crashed over her.

Silence.

Then there were voices, voices that spoke in the tongue of her dead husband and her people. She waited, listening to the tones, wishing she had learned more of what they meant.

"Weaver. There is a woman in the center plaza," A strong gruff voice said. "You did not say anything about a woman."

"Peace. I did not say she would be there because I did not know she would be there. Not all are visible to my Sight." This voice was soft and young. There was a gentleness there, but a power too. She shivered.

"Shall I kill her?" The gruff voice again.

"No, I think I should see this unexpected woman."

She forced her eyes open. There were for man around her. Three held weapons tightly in their grasp. The other, kneeled beside her. The rain had stopped, but water droplets clung to his wavy red hair he brushed it out of green, very green, eyes. "Elreen," he breathed. Her heart ached as she recognized the word, the word for her people. "And with child." The other men tightened their grips at this. "Stay your hands," he snapped at them. "As a Weaver I can not allow this child to go unborn,"

"A shieto half breed no doubt," one of them spat.

"All deserve to breathe their first breath just as you did. And to be named," he said calmly in replay, "Shieto half breed or not."

Last edited by Sho-Shonojo; 07-30-2010 at 03:50 AM..