View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-16-2014, 03:35 AM

It indeed was not long after that someone approached. There were some word exchange on the other side of door, apparently about if she should go inside alone or not (smile and please solved that), and as such, she probably missed a bit of his speech. When doors opened, elf entered carrying a tray with plate and bowl filled with well cooked food, a medium-sized jug containing some sweet juice and glass . As doors were locked again, she balanced it around him easily and set it down on table, her gaze shooting up to him at the last sentence suddenly, nearly as if she had been stung.

"Freedom? Were you not a free man?" she inquired, sudden surge of emotions that had flashed in her eyes already gone and she decided to stray from freedom theme. "Saith, am I correct? We missed breakfast time, so I brought you some food." Mae's own stomach wouldn't have minded something edible as she simply hadn't had time to eat anything and last meal had now been good 12 hours ago. But she had had washed quickly and changed into fresh clothes - dress in earthy tones, flower motive on the corset, and soft, partially transparent cloth over top of chest, arms. She wanted this conversation to be over with before she got back to her duties so the woman had rushed. If not for her powers, her hair would still be damp.

As it didn't seem he would ask her to sit down, elf moved over to the window, leaning slightly against the wall. She didn't have to wait for his invitation to take seat, of course, but the thought of sitting while he was standing and staring at her wasn't pleasant at all. They had a height difference and although it wasn't huge, it was still noticeable and when the man looked at her like that, it felt much bigger than it was... Lacrimae was used to staring others down, this experience was unpleasant and she found it uncalled for.

"Unfortunately, I do not have a reason to believe you. If you were interested in having the items returned, you would have hindered her escape from the inn and city walls and been properly rewarded. But you did the opposite and even more, you attempted to lure guards away from her tracks poorly imitating my voice." Priestess observed dark elf, his body language and expression while she spoke, but then looked away, looking through the window for a moment. How strange it was to look at the familiar sight of temple's garden through barred window... Her gut clenched as the woman suddenly felt overwhelmed by feeling of being imprisoned herself. Hurriedly, Mae looked back at the actual prisoner.

"Your reputation works in your favor, but that is all that does," she informed him. Turned out that few priestesses and cook recognized Saith. Apparently, not just once she had eaten rabbit that he had hunted down. From them, she had learned his name and that he was lived in the forests, coming to trade furs and game to town, known as reserved but fair trader. "If you planned this out with her, it would benefit your situation if you told me what you know of the woman, what she planned to do with the items... Anything at all." It was asked more out of principle than belief he would say anything and Mae guessed that he was pulled in the crime at last moment, perhaps even as late as at the inn where few coins, promise of shared loot and pair of pretty eyes convinced the man to help. Either way, the thief had been too smart to share any truth with him.

Last edited by sadrain; 01-16-2014 at 01:49 PM..