View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-30-2015, 02:05 PM

Gasping, Roy covered the jackal's ears. "Don't insult my little friend."

He gave the jackal a pat. "There, there. Is Aden being a big meanie calling you a servant? Clearly you are no servant, are you? Are you?" As he spoke, he took on a childish, rather girly voice. He was talking like a parent talks to their newborn baby. Naturally, the jackal loved the attention and just nuzzled the man who cooed to him. "Dawww, who's a good boy?" The jackal cocked its head as if wanting to know the answer. "Doh, you are. You are!" He grinned while rubbing nose with the black creature.

"It's official, I need me one of these," he proclaimed, still having no idea what the creature actually was.

Of course, all his cooing and coddling was drowned out by the conversation Caden seemed to be having with the others. Clearly he was 'one of them,' so Roy distracted himself with the jackal so he wouldn't get jealous.

Roped back into the conversation, he shrugged. "You don't need a weapon," he smiled. "You've always had what it took right here." He poked his brother's heart ever so lightly. It was a sweet gesture, especially after just seeing how the two got at each other's nerves. Offering his twin a smile, he shifted his attention to the newcomer that arrived with a waving hand.

"Wow, it's a party out here." With a pout he added, "And to think, I wasn't invited." Truthfully, though, Roy was questioning the boomerang he had found in his hand when he woke up. Anke had a weapon. Caden didn't. He had a boomerang. It was all very strange. Was he a part of what they were? Or was he completely unrelated?

His thoughts came to a screeching halt when something unexplainable happened. "Okay, who said that?" Having a clear line of sight on Inara, Anke, and the new girl, he saw that not one of them moved their lips to speak the words he just heard. And, being female, that ruled out Caden.

He looked around a bit, trying to figure out where the voice came from. Not wanting to rule anything out, he looked at the jackal. "Wait a minute...." His eyes narrowed. "Are you a girl...." Roy cocked a brow. "And can you talk?"

Pulling the creature from his shoulders, Roy held the jackal out at arm's length. Naturally, the little creature just blinked. And then it sneezed, which made Roy's heart melt.

"You sneeze like a kitten."