View Single Post
Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 04-24-2012, 06:36 PM

Riene blew her bang out of her face and noticed a piece of paper stapled haphazadly on a pole. Curious, she walked up and read it. Riene smiled and tore the paper off the pole to take it with her. The punk girl nearly skipped home. "This is perfect. Well not perfect, but a start." the redhead bounced. She rushed to the local internet cafe.
"Jamie, chocolate latte, and can I get half an hour on my account?"
"Sure Rini."
Riene rolled her eyes at the nickname, paid Jamie and sat at her usual computer, coffee in hand. Logging onto her account, she was happy to see she still hand half an hour from last time.

Logging onto her email, she quickly checked her mail first. Deleting spam, ignoring emails from family.
Then she began to type out her email.

"Hi, uh, this is going to sound really weird, but I found one of your posters and decided to send you a message. My name is Riene Stilleto. I'm a drummer, and I would love to join you.

well, you can email me back at this address if you want to get in touch.

Thanks,
Riene."

She must have re-read the message a dozen times, editing it, adding to it, deleteing parts of it...most of it. It always sounded way to needy to her. But with a sigh she sent it. "I hope this will be okay." she whispered and logged off.

She nodded goodbye to Jamie, and drank her coffee as she walked down the streets. Eventually finding herself at a park. She sat down at picnic table, and pulled her drum sticks out of her boots. They were old and worn out, but well loved. Gently, she began tapping the sticks against the top of the table, until she built up a rythem. Soon she found herself jamming out.