View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-17-2015, 09:04 PM

"I do not think it was tell-worthy," she tried to appease Saith, speaking as nonchalantly as she could. In hindsight, she regretted bringing their meeting up at all. What if Kevlar proceeded to share the whole embarrassing ordeal? But no use to cry over spilled milk - or wine, if the saying was to match their situation.

At his admission of having thought up no dares, Lacrimae frowned. "Do you believe me so easily scared and nervous that I would not pick a dare?" No, the council president was not embodiment of tact and diplomacy. Not always, at least. There were times when she moved forward like an army, blunt and direct. And her own confused feelings combined with dark elf's attitude were creating exactly such responses.

The woman observed him quietly as he tried to think of a dare, apparently seeking inspiration in their surroundings as the music played on. Her fingers tapped her glass impatiently before she emptied it, but didn't immediately refill it. Should he inquire what she'd like now, she'd tell him champagne, as if protesting the image she thought he had of her. If not, she poured some of the pale, bubbly drink in her glass herself.

The matters were only made worse when Saith finally came up with a dare. At first, she opened her mouth, giving a dramatic, shocked expression. "Oh no, how will I ever live without work for whole two days!" Mae gasped, as if horrified, but then gave not really amused chuckle. "I am not quite as workaholic as you seem to believe and if I wanted to spite you, I have lot of other work beside this dance. But I will gladly take time off, maybe catch up with few friends. So," she clinked her glass to his, "dare accepted."

Maybe he merely meant to give her an opportunity to rest which - she hated to admit - she needed quite badly. But what was with him and all this taking care of her, helping her? It was quite unlike the Saith that campus spoke of and even unlike the man she had met in the greenhouse. What was his ulterior motive, if he had one? Why did this elf have to be such a puzzle to her?

"Your turn now: truth or dare?" She hadn't really thought of any questions to ask yet either and a dare even less, but she wasn't going to put it off. She could be spontaneous, if she needed to be! ... Hopefully. While the man considered his options, she slowly moved her head to the pleasant beat of the music playing right now.

When he picks the truth, she is quiet for a briefest moment before deciding to ask what's been on her tongue for a while now: "Why were you in the greenhouse that evening?"

Last edited by sadrain; 12-17-2015 at 09:22 PM..