View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-28-2015, 05:16 PM

The venom in her voice would have likely turned any man (or woman) running, but this was Cain. He was patient. He was also very indifferent to the whole 'tougher than you act.' Tended to happen when you had pink hair and liked girly things. Time and time again, people underestimated and, when push came to shove, Cain had to carry all the weight, and then some! He was used to being the rock, the boulder, the shoulder to cry on. He was used to having to save the day, despite all the unnecessary hate and jeering.

As she drilled into him, trying to cause him to squirm and writhe, his bright eyes just stayed locked on hers. It was almost creepy how, despite a verbal beating, he could keep his eyes so focused on his mark. Not to mention, he blinked maybe all of three times. Who does that?

Ah, yes. A man who studies psychology and knows how to force the body not to show fear nor weakness. Why, Cain even took it a step further and made his body show lack of care for her spitting tongue.

With the forceful shove, he finally took his eyes off her.

"I never asked for that," he said with a monotone voice. It was strangely cold, much like the hallow gaze in his eyes. Despite whatever she thought, he wasn't giving in. He wasn't this monster she was playing him out to be. Unlike everyone that came before him, Cain really did care. And, based on her reactions, the woman was having a hard time believing someone could genuinely show concern for such a hateful woman.

"Must you think all men are root rats ((**always wanting sex**))?" His brows furrowed before he adjusted his marred clothing. He most disliked the disheveled look, despite wearing eccentric clothing. "Believe it or not, sheila, passion can be on a much deeper, more intellectual level. But if you're all for the naughty, then that's on you."

Leaning into her, those trained eyes latched right onto her. "And the fact that you're spitting the dummy ((**getting very upset/worked up**)) at this whole notion means that, despite the act, you're not without flaws."

Stepping back, Cain kept his back to the woman. If she were to take a swing at it, he would merely duck and roll. He wasn't about to let her get close, not with her threats. If push came to shove, he would call forth his powers and cast them upon her. However, Cain hated the idea of doing something so rude to a woman, especially one he was trying to feel something for.

With a snort, he snapped his head over his shoulder.

"Like it or not, I'm walking you home so man up and deal with it." Shoving his hands into his pockets, he left his cold gaze fixed on her. He wouldn't peel those unblinking eyes off her until she was home. No matter what direction she ran off in, he would follow.

Thankfully, despite all the aggressive statements and tension in the air, Fengir had managed to wiggle his way down out of the jacket and onto the grass. Slowly, he trotted up to Marwo before nuzzling her leg.

He spoke not a word, but the light wag to his tail seemed to cause the air to lighten. Some.

---------- Post added 12-28-2015 at 01:11 PM ----------

Saith nearly jumped from his own skin when her arms suddenly found their way around him. Her warm instantly poured into him, causing the faint kiss of death to melt away. It was so unexpected and unlike her that Saith felt he could trust her with all of his secrets. And yet, as his lips pursued, not a word came out. Instead, he relished the moment.

With hesitance, he lifted his arms so that he could return the embrace. Unlike her strong hold on him, Saith's was softer. It was reassuring, as if to say thank you for caring. It was so unlike them too. Saith, often strong and spontaneous. Mae, gentle and planned. Mae was certainly the type to show concern, but Saith? For him to so willingly share what tore at him, it was so unorthodox. With each passing second, he seemed to be less the villain all played him out to be. Perhaps the villainous nature was just the facade he wore to hide his true mask--the mask of a vigilante.

Mind still lost in the fog of the murdered woman, he felt his core shake. Would she-no, could she sense the fear within?

Even so, he didn't fight it or hold it back. Thankfully, Saith wasn't usually a man of tears or weeping so he had one point of pride he could actually keep.

Perhaps, had they known each other longer than a week, he would have buried his nose into the nape of her neck. He would have let their cheeks brush. Hell, he might have even pulled her in closer, absolutely refusing to let her go. All right, all right. Truthfully, and only if he had his way, he would have kissed her.

But they were new. They had yet to fully understand each other. Both strangers seeking the compassion from another. They would begin their journey and, with luck, they would stick it out until the very end. Whatever that road entailed was still beyond Saith's scope, but he was more than overjoyed to know that, despite the rumors and mystery, she was able to see that, deep down, he was just like everyone else. Very much affected by the loss of another. And very much fearful of his indirect involvement behind her vanishing.

Much like the hug began, it ended.

It seemed, stiff. As if she had realized something. Sure enough, she was blaming herself. As her body quivered at the taunting direction the night had turned toward, Saith rose from his seat.

In mere seconds, he was kneeling before her. Hands cupped into his, Saith's soft blue eyes looked up to find her matching pair.

"Don't blame yourself, Lacrimae." The way her name rolled of her tongue was one most women in romantic novels and movies longed to hear. It was romanticized and beautiful. Who knew a name could muster up such beauty and compassion?

"This is fair more complex than even you realize. And you're in a tough position. If you focus too much on what's happening here at the school, students will feel panic and alarm. If you don't focus enough, then it makes you look reckless." He kept his hands wrapped around hers, resting on her knee. "What you're doing it perfect. You've increased security. You've created a curfew, to the best of your abilities. You're working on getting new security cameras installed. The problem isn't yours. It's--"

Mine.

He wanted to say mine. But he couldn't. She couldn't know his angle, not yet. As much as he trusted her, he didn't have clearance from the higher ups to bring her into the mix. After tonight's work, he would give his boss a buzz and see if he could get the a-okay. If not, he would continue to bite his tongue and pray she wouldn't coax the truth from him.

"It's them." Brows knit together, a harsh look washed over his face. "They're sick, twisted individuals who enjoy feasting upon the innocent or lonely."

Giving her hand a squeeze, his gaze lightened up again. A small smile played on his lips. "I'm just glad you're not a redhead." Despite the dim lighting, the scarlet blush to his cheeks was plainly visible. "I would hate for..." He couldn't finish his thought.

"Lenalie was a sweet kid. I was tutoring her. She wanted to be an engineer and was struggling with her Diff Eqs. She wanted to build castles and create a beautiful paradise, an affordable one so all could live like a royal." His eyes started to glaze over. Flitting his lashes, he kept the tears from rolling out; though he couldn't stop his voice from cracking nor his hands from shaking.

His lips opened but nothing came out. Not right away at least. Finally, after what was probably a solid 30-seconds, he said something.

"I like you Mae. I don't want you to get involved. I'm not sure I could live with myself if you got mixed up in all this." He swallowed the lump in his throat. "You need to stay a ray of light. Continue to hold your head high and proud. Let fear not cloud your work. Continue to inspire and devote your work to helping build a strong community."

Relinquishing her hand, the drow slowly pulled away. As his body unfolded, he grew taller and, from the candlelight, he almost looked heroic.

"You leave the acts of vigilantism to me. I would hate for your to take a bullet that is meant for me." Shifting his eyes to her ankles, he smirked. "So," that playful gleam from moments early sparkled in his eyes. "Will that be another dare for you? Or are you feeling truthful this time?"

It was time to pull their thoughts from the doom and gloom. It was time they get back to making sure everyone felt safe and welcome, and what better a way than a grand ball?

"Also," he shifted for the remote, "this song is god awful. How did that not make my original purge?" His smile cast away all the dark shadows that seemed to itch at the corners of the room. It was amazing how he could continue the mood but bringing out that ever-so-charming grin of his.

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 12-28-2015 at 05:20 PM..