View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-30-2015, 09:21 PM

"If your dedication to our mission is as strong as to matchmaking, I have nothing to fear, Kevlar," Mae bit at the knight with pleasant smile. She didn't have the energy to actually deny any suggestions, though, but neither she was approving them. "And your private life is solely your private life, I merely advise caution."

As their conversation turned to Saith, her expression turned even more strained. "If there is one thing I know about him, it is that he is brilliant, if short sighted sometimes, at survival. I will pray for him and believe that he will accomplish whatever he feels he must," Mae said, her fist clenching by her side.

"I will see you as Kevlar, a man who is sometimes silly, yet wise and strong enough to move on and find new paths in life. We all have chapters in our lives we never wish to read out loud, so we must not judge others by theirs," she told him, right before he left. It was something she believed, needed to believe. For her past, too, was not all roses and smiles, and there was blood on her hands. Perhaps blood whose spilling had prevented torment for many other souls, but blood nonetheless.

"Lies? Oh, knight, where has your faith in me and my good nature gone?" she smirked at the man over her shoulder, but then turned around, letting him enter in her personal space. Oh, Marwo didn't mind if he was a bit daring. Confident in her skills and powers, she knew she could stop him any moment she wished. In fact, this way he provided a bit of entertainment. Prodding and poking, to see what made him tick...

When he reached for her, she did sidestep, though, but more to tease him and see what he would do: if he would back down or pursue. And oh how did he pursue. His hand twisting in her hair, other capturing hers that went to push him away, he effectively captured her. Of course, it would be naive of him to think that he truly held her captive, but this could quickly escalate to brutal fight if she let her instincts go. And it was tempting, it really was. But if she hadn't learned to control herself, the bloody trail behind her would drown many more men. So, she let him talk, smirk on her lips and eyes nearly glowing.

Soon, he retreated, though, as if thinking that his supposed revelation could have surprised her. Sure, he had a bit of more darkness to him than she had guessed, but in the end, he was still so naive. "Oh, I just adore how everything has to be complex with you, some hidden noble agenda wherever you look! Except for Miss Sunshine that is." Marwolaeth laughed richly, the kind of laugh that makes you want to join and lose yourself in the sound.

"Have you told her that her higher mission and goal in this journey is to become worthy of male's interest, of wooing? If you plan to, let me know beforehand so I can find a front seat and bring some snacks!" She continued to laugh, picturing the beating of his life, possibly even physical, he'd get from the prim and proper elf maiden if she had heard what he just said. And it would be a well deserved one. Marwo didn't like golden haired woman, but she would throw such words at her only in attempt to belittle.

Wiping a tear that wasn't there from her eye, the woman calmed down a little, although grin was still splitting her face nearly in half. "For this amusement, I'll share with you why I am here... You seem to be forgetting I wasn't a suspect without a reason." Her smile was tainted with a kind of malicious intent now, her gaze so dark it could drill a hole through the human.

"My wish is simple: to snatch the precious orbs up at first opportunity just because I can. You can try telling your priestess, try to stop me, but I will only welcome your fruitless attempts!" She grinned at him, nearly like a child, if only her gaze had not been so cold.

When he tried to take hold of her again, she let him soothe her wrist for moment, but then her hand twisted so it had a stone hard grip on his arm, one nail piercing his skin like a well crafted blade. "But remember, if you touch me one more time without my invite, I will relieve you of your pain and sorrow," she purred, peering at him through lowered eyelashes, "as I free you from your life." With that, she released him and spun away, before stopping at one of the pillars and rather sensually licked the finger stained with red. "Remember, I have your blood now, knight."

In that, one of the servants arrived to invite them for lunch and she moved past him, all seductive sway of hips and flick of blood red hair.