View Single Post
Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:46 PM

The two sat in the parking lot of a mini outlet mall-like area. A C-shape building filled with various food and small businesses wrapped around one large half-filled parking lot. The sky outside was cloudy, but the weather decent as Leanne decided she didn't need a jacket, shrugging out of hers as she stepped out of the car with her father and they leaned against the hood of the car, staring at the food places.

"Pick one," her father told her.

Leanne looked over at her father. He did this every once in a while, but never often enough, where he'd take her here and let her decide what she wants to enjoy eating with him whether it be dinner or lunch. Her eyes scanned the lot, worrying the corner of her bottom lip between her teeth as she nodded towards Subway.

"Subway it is," her father said, not having to really ask where she was nodding her head towards.

She followed him to the Subway where the inside was almost as warm as the outside was, a small line formed at the counter. She didn't give a second thought about looking at, or caring about who was at the counter until her eyes caught on a certain man, a familiar man. He almost ran me over with his car...and it was my fault... she wondered as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Suddenly, Leanne's father pulled his ringing phone out from his pocket. He studied the caller id before he looked over at her and sighed with a straight lined set of lips. "I gotta take this, you go on and order. You know what I like," he told her as he kissed her forehead and hurried out of the restaurant just as he answered his phone.

Leanne looked after him and sighed, almost forgetting about the stranger.