View Single Post
Voe
♡영웅재중 - (voe is dead)
Send a message via MSN to Voe

Old 11-23-2009, 06:16 AM

Utterly hate.

Both books and movie reflect nothing but a classic DID (damsel in distress?!) scenario. Repeatedly.
Honestly, it's more of a personal thing. When I was, what, 12 or 13? I was a Quizilla addict, reading all those DID stories written by other 13-year-olds and how vampires or demons would sweep the main character off her feet, then another equally attractive chararcter would fight over the girl.
Then Twilight comes along. I almost piss myself laughing at how similar those stories I used to read and how Twilight is. The writing style is the same, the characters are the same, the main female character is the same, the setting is same, the issues are the same, everything is the same. It makes me think, "Wow. All those 13-year-olds could've become multi-millionaires." Expect, the 13-year-olds had better grammar and in the end had proven that the main female lead isn't just a worthless object to be tossed around among attractive men.

I can get over the sparkle shit. Seriously, creativity is a plus. There is no set myths about vampires, because, hell, they're a myth. I would love to say the acting was horrid in the movie, but, they were pretty much just following their characters to the T. All of it lacks so much substance. I felt like I was watching brick walls trying to converse.

I need to go back to the vampires that get off on murder and slaughter humans on a whim. The ones that tear throats out for fun and enjoy wreaking havoc. Vampires were considered ugly monsters and terrifying creatures that would scare even the brawniest of men. Now they're our objects to get off on.

/headdesk