View Single Post
Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-16-2011, 11:30 PM

Nikolai quirked an eyebrow, about to say more when he heard a twig snap behind him. He spun around just in time to see a man... a former man, charging at him, too fast to shoot. He waited for the charging corpse reach out for his throat and grabbed it instead, grabbing it by it's collar, and rolling backwards, tossing the zombie over him and into the fence, the undead smashing into it heavily. Nikolai quickly jumped up, aiming his gun not at the zombie behind him, but at the surrounding woods, mumbling, "Rule number one, there's never just one." Just as he finished saying this, a second undead, a young, 14 year old he recognized from his convoy, came shambling out slowly, a single bite mark on her throat and her entire front drenched in her own dried blood. He didn't hesitate and pulled the trigger, blowing her brains out. He turned around seeing the first one was back on it's feet and holstered his pistol and pulled out his crowbar. It lurched at him, but he performed a roundhouse kick, knocking it back down. He moved to it and stepped on it's neck, looking at it as it snarled and tried scratching at his leg through his pants, and began smashing it repeatedly in the head with the crowbar, blood spurting out as it stopped moving. Smashing it a few more times he stood back up, looking at the three of them, his face covered in droplets of the zombie's blood as he said, "You think you're safe behind that fence? Thinking that is how you die. My dad mentioned that we had a safe system and just now, not a half hour ago, they were torn apart, all of them, except for me. A bastion with greater defenses than this one, a former max security prison boasted how safe they were, and in that mindset, they got complacent, they were compromised, and they were eaten from the inside out." He tried to wipe the blood from his face but only succeeded in smearing it around as he said, "If these two followed me from the gas station, then more probably will. I doubt your defenses will hold if all you've got is a chain link fence. You people probably haven't dealt with large amounts of these things... sorry about the gun, if it isn't too much trouble, I wouldn't mind some food before I head out, I'm definitely not sticking around."