View Single Post
Amurita
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-23-2009, 09:23 PM

I was planning to go...really! Because you see, even though I live in Canada I stumbled across this thread for Menewshans who live here and were planning a road trip to Momocon. At first I was a bit hesitant because it's still the internet and I didn't know these people, but after talking to them for a while I thought they seemed nice and trustworthy. And besides, if they weren't, the thread would serve as a written record of evidence if anything funny happened D:<

So I ran around the house wondering what I'd need to bring since I'd never attended a con before. Knowing that 'momo' means 'peach' in Japanese, I decided to glue a bunch of cotton balls together and spray paint it orange so that it became a giant peach costume.

When the bus finally came I clambered on awkwardly and avoided making eye contact with all the passengers wondering why a giant peach was there. But I began to feel more comfortable as more menewshans got on dressed up as various anime characters and even menewshan NPCs.

I found myself in an arguement with another person as to who was the better NPC, Nalin or Cain. It got so heated that someone who looked a lot like Magnus had to hold us apart, while someone who looked a lot like Mr. Mayor tried to mediate.

Getting off at the next rest stop to cool off, when I came out of the bathroom I saw the bus speeding off without me! Obviously the scheming of those dubious Nalin fans! I ran off after it, hoping they would see me and stop, but before I got close to them, I stumbled on some loose gravel, and began rolling down the road due to the roundness of my peach costume. Eventually I found myself passing out due to intense dizziness.

When I awoke I found myself in a prison cell, apparently, there had been something on the news about a thief who had been obsessed with peaches who routinely dressed up in a peach costume before they went out to do crime. After hours of intense investigation I convinced them I was innocent and even got them to drive me to Momocon.

Sadly though, it turns out I'd been passed out for 2 days and missed the entire con.

...either that, or I just couldn't find a way to get there since I live in canada and don't have any money to get there ^^;

And if i somehow win, i'd love to get a female peach shirt.