Thread: ♥RAK♡
View Single Post
SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 08-16-2017, 09:13 PM

Avatar Competion: Mythological Mayhem!!

Challenge: I'm majoring in Classical Studies in uni, which is basically the study of the ancient mediterranean civilisations. So, it's safe to say I'm pretty obsessed with the mythologies of these civilisations So! For this competition, show me your best Roman/Greek or Ancient Egyptian mythology inspired avatar Avatars can depict either an ancient figure or scene.

Requirements: Two or three sentences describing your figure or scene (cause I like stories ).

Rules: Two entries per person. DAC allowed. Use the form below to submit. Please please PING me to your avatars as there's no other way to guarantee that I see it

Prizes:
First Prize: 1000g
Second Prize: 500g
Third prize: 250g

Code:
@ SuperZombiePotatoe ; (Remove the spaces!)

I Has Mayhem For You!!

Name:
Roman, Greek or Egyptian:
Description:
Entries:

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post

I Has Mayhem For You!!

Name: star2000shadow
Roman, Greek or Egyptian: Greek
Description: The Goddess Artemis, Twin sister to Apollo.
Artemis was often described as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows. The deer and the cypress were sacred to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immy View Post

I Has Mayhem For You!!

Name: Immy
Roman, Greek or Egyptian: Greek God - Hades
Description: Others believed Hades was casted aside for his vicious thoughts and wanting to cause war and destruction. However that is incorrect. Originally being the brother of Poseidon and Zeus, he wound up being named for the god of wealth. But Hades didn't like that, he preferred to be the god of the underworld, so much more power with that title and name. Thus having his brothers dislike his choice to their own intent, he was now casted outside family connections and forever meant to live a lonely life. At least until someone comes along to change that and souls are what he is after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post

I Has Mayhem For You!!

Name: R u b y

Description: After having a terrible curse placed on her, Medusa fled to her own island where everyone would be safe, including her heart. Despite what everyone thought about her, she really did love people. All she wanted was for someone to show her kindness instead of screaming in her ear and making her turn them to stone out of anger. She hated what she had done to the people who mocked her, thus her own banishment. A long time passed and she thought that she would never have joy in her life again. Until one day when she spotted a flower she had not seen before. Normally she wouldn't take a second glance, but the beauty of this little plant intrigued her and she reached out to touch it. When she did, it spiraled into the air and blossomed bigger than any flower she knew to exist. She wondered if other plants would accept her touch as this one had. Every single one of them bloomed in her presence. It was the ray of hope she had been looking for. Carefully she moved them into a greenhouse she built for her little treasures, a spot for her to escape and once again be happy with her new found....er....green thumb

Sorry for the super long story! I put my own twist on it haha x3
Quote:

I Has Mayhem For You!!

Roman, Greek or Egyptian: ...Greek? x.x

Description: King Midas thought that he'd be living the dream. Who doesn't want to be surrounded by gold? The ability to make riches out of nothing! It was ultimate power and he was over the moon. That was, until he remembered one slightly overlooked detail. Every grape, every goblet of wine, every......rubber duck?....er......every morsel he longed to savor turned to precious metal right before his eyes.
He just wants to eat some food yo

Special hummy Category :D

Quote:

I Has hummy Mayhem For You!!

Description: (because hummy said to xD)
Hades, caretaker of the underworld but oh so bored with his job. In fact, he hates it. Like REALLY hates it. He wants to take over for Zeus, but it'll take a cunning scheme. In the meantime, he'll work on his cigar lighting skills. And his anger management xD

Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 08-24-2017 at 08:19 PM..