View Single Post
Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 09-24-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
I'm the opposite. I used to never change my avatar's hair (maybe you remember that light blue that I always used) because I felt like it stood out and suited my style. But once the options for avatar customization expanded, I realized that I could still make avatars that were "mine" while being totally different. Looking at my runway thread, I've noticed a lot of patterns and item combos I use frequently, but I think I achieved my goal of having a lot of variety. That reminds me that I need to update it...

Oh right! I forgot you're saving to go to London. In that case, I'd say it makes sense to stick with your current situation. And yikes, that's really expensive! College prices really are crazy, aren't they? If it's not the course fees, it's the book fees, lab fees, parking tickets, etc. My school was pretty affordable but I still racked up a lot of debt.

Six years is a long time, but I'm already starting to consider making the move permanent. I really love living here, so if I had a reason to stay (i.e. boyfriend and/or nice job offer) then I think I'd decide to stay. But that's a big decision that I really need to consider carefully, so for now I'm sticking to my contract limit. Thanks for the vote of confidence. <3

Likewise, I'm sure you'll land on your feet wherever you decide to go. I wish I traveled more in the US before I left. Any of those cities you mentioned sound like a great place to start for new opportunities. And you may end up moving around for awhile until you find the place you'd like to settle down.

=====

PoI: Yeah, it's a tricky subject but the show isn't focused on that. Mostly it explores how surveillance has changed since 9/11. In the show, they've built a machine that spies on everyone 24/7 to catch terrorists.

GoT: Makes sense. I felt some urgency since I started playing the board game with some friends and everyone else had seen the show. I was the only one struggling to remember the names of the houses.

Hmm, I've never heard of those. I hope you get those books soon!
I do remember your blue hair. You wore it for a very long time. I was super upset when the hair system changed because I lost my gray and wasn't able to get it back. It went from this very pretty light gray color to this darker version, and while this one is close, it's not the same. The highlights are different and the gray is darker, and you can't make gray using a base and a highlight because it looks weird. I was very upset about it.

College is expensive, especially considering I'm going nearly for free. I'm trying to stay as debt free as possible so that's why I'm giving myself so much time to save for England. I want to minimize the amount of loans that it will take for me to go, so if I can save up as much as possible then I can take out less loans. And school fees are the worst, especially if you go to a big university.

I've hardly traveled at all. I can remember going to three different states in my life, Oregon, California, and Oklahoma, plus my home state of Arizona. I've never left the country or been away from home for longer than a week (meaning not being within driving distance of my family). When I do my flight to England, I'm hoping to do a long layover in New York so I can wander around and see things.

Morning Cora! I would love to say I can stay and chat more, but I have to get ready to go to school. :(