View Single Post
Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:39 AM

"Oh, you think it's like that?" Emilie dropped Raman's hand and turned to face Dawn, smiling reassuringly. "Don't fret, lovely--er, what was your name? It doesn't necessarily mean what you're thinking. Destinies can intertwine in all manner of ways, and they can remain so for a lifetime or only a second. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you--fortunes are finicky things, anyway." The pale-haired girl tossed her head, her manner suddenly quite different from the air-headed happiness she had been affecting only a short while ago.

"You don't seem to place that much stock in them--why tell them?" Raman questioned the girl, folding his arms to hide his discomfort. His destiny... and this girl? They'd only just met, and by pure chance besides. Or... had it been pure chance?

Emilie glanced around hesitantly, before beckoning Raman and Dawn closer. "My father," she whispered. "He's a goblin, a real and true one. Obviously, he's not my real father, but... He found me when I was a baby, and saw the magic in me, so he kept me. Ever since I was old enough to talk, he's been making me tell fortunes to any and all who pass by here. Our house is straight that way--" she pointed towards a small path that Raman had not seen before.

"I'm to get payment however I can for my fortunes," Emilie continued on, her joyful manner now quite dissipated, to replaced by one quite grounded to earth. "I've been wanting to get away for so long, but nobody coming by--when they pass by at all--will take me with them. If... if only I can get to the castle, and see the king," she cried out suddenly, "then I can ask him to make my father stop using me to earn extra coin. I know there's a Goblin City near the castle... I could stay there, find work there somehow. Fortunes aren't all that I'm good for.

"That's why I want--no, I need--you to take me with you. If you're to see the king, then there's a chance that I could see him, too." Her eyes were pleading with both Raman and Dawn. "I could get away from here."