View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-08-2016, 11:01 AM

Rose had wanted to fight, to kick and scream and carry on, but that wasn't how a princess behaved. It also didn't help that he had grabbed the same wrist that his brute of a friend had earlier, tears sprung to her eyes as he pressed on the tender flesh. It would surely bruise by the morning.

It wasn't until they were already across the gangplank that she noticed he was about to sink her ship. This was where she tried to dig in her heels, stalling him. "Please, please don't sink the ship. My stuff is still in my cabin..." Tears now streamed down her face. When she was forced into what she figured to be his cabin, she threw herself to the floor at his feet. "Fancy. My kitten... she is but a baby. You can't let her drown. And my dresses, I shall need something to wear." Should she tell him about the jewels, it might make him more likely to go back if he could have those. If it saved Fancy, it was worth it.

"I've hidden a small chest of jewelry in there, which escaped your men's notice. Promise you'll bring back Fancy and I'll tell you where they are..." Princess's didn't often beg, but she knew no other choice. The food was brought in yet she couldn't eat, not knowing her poor baby was alone without her. She didn't know they had set sail, that it was too late.

===

"Ale is never a bad idea." Gerard grumbled at her, just before the captain came into view. It looked like they were mostly done with the ship, he noticed the order to sink it. They had stumbled upon a good haul today, for more than one reason. He could see Clark with the princess, watched as he hauled her across to their ship. He almost drooled at the prospect of the gold they would get when they ransomed the pretty princess back to her father. He looked to Ariel when she seemed to stop, they didn't have time, they needed to get to the other ship before this one sunk while they still stood on its deck.

He noticed all her bravery and valor fell apart at the sight of the carnage on deck. He didn't let her fall to her knees, "Such is life, lass." He grunted and stumbled forward, all but dragging her to the gangplank and across. It was slow going, he didn't want to lose his footing and he admitted that his head was a bit foggy from the ale.

"Ye have two choices, come with me, or take your chances wi' these men out here." If she was smart, she would choose him. He was too drunk and tired at this point to do much of anything, not that he'd admit it to her.