View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-22-2016, 07:39 PM

Melik's world shattered when Eleanor coldly declined the invitation. She chipped at it even more when she so boldly asked them to leave. So what if he had lied? Had he not proved his worth?! Had he not been there, she would be dead. And this was the thanks he got? How could she even justify this? What was her fear? What caused her to-

Fritz's soft hand cupped his cheek. His mind pulled from its rage and found peace within that tranquil cyan gaze.

"She didn't-"

"Why would she? We've lied too many times. We haven't earned her trust."

"But Rroy wasn't this difficult! And he's a hell of a lot worse than she!"

"Rroy had his eyes opened, Melik. He knew exactly what he wanted. And he wasn't scared to face it. He walked willingly into the darkness and came out a monster. He did what was necessary to protect us and to advance his goals. He's never lost sight of it. Eleanor," he paid Nyx no attention, "she's afraid. She can't see straight. We've blindsided her and wounded her pride. Their pride. They thought themselves freaks. In reality, they are far from it. We're all unique. We all serve a purpose. If she wants to live in her precious little fragil world, let her."

Melik stepped away with disbelief. Was Fritz... was he really telling him to abandon these innocent people.

"You've..." he stumbled over his words. "You've changed." His body crashed into a cot and he struggled to distance himself from Fritz. "Rroy... he's... he's tainted you. You... you made a promise to protect the weak. The lost. The forgotten."

Shaking his head, Fritz shrugged Melik off. "Think as you wish. I know when I'm not wanted."

Eyes falling on Nixie, he gave her the deepest of sympathy. "I am sorry I brought this upon you." Stepping forward, he had every intention of holding her in an long embrace. Only, he reached her shrieking from hours ago. She... she didn't trust him. There was no way he could say goodbye.

"Grab your stuff, Melik. We're leaving."

Orange eyes on the dirt below, he nodded silently. "Are we joining up with Arvin?"

"Yes. We'll finish what you started. We'll set fire to those who destroyed the pure of heart."