View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:10 AM

Eliseo hardly noticed the salute some among those present gave him, but he absent-mindedly returned it as per his practice. What he did note, however, was Koa's abidance of the practice. It was at least nice to see that he at least held some respect for him, though he was unsure of how well this opinion carried into the other's thoughts. For the most part, he didn't care to question that as he relayed his questions. A slight grin did touch his lips as Koa relayed what he knew, what he thought to do. Nodding curtly at the name he was given, Eliseo committed it to memory to add to the file he would have to turn in finished later. The suggestion then reached him, leading his muscles to tense just a bit. Mercy, for the sake of the accused? Normally such a concept would seem out of the question, but in light of Dahlia's reasoning and his shifting thoughts on the concept of school rules fulfilling justice...

"So be it. If you'd like to see the punishment altered, please care for the details. I believe we all trust your judgement." He replied casually enough, the tension in his form earlier melting as he lounged casually from where he leaned against the wall. He spoke tersely, but his gaze was calmed and even, almost a bit curious as it crossed Koa. "It also appears you know our witness, so if you would not mind asking her briefly what she knows of it." He then added aside, almost as if a suggestion before nodding a bit. Was this a soft streak, or was he becoming ill? Did he not find school punishment suitable in this case, or was he finding it unsatisfactory holistically now? These questions and many of the like weighed in upon him as he ran a hand up through his tousled hair, pulling it back with the weight of his hand before the pieces it passed over sprung back out to their typical form.

A soft sigh left his lean form. His gaze then fell upon the others of the room, wandering about the small group of which he knew few. Where did their loyalties preside, if not with him? Did they not regard the school's disciplinary system as satisfactory punishment either, or...? Maybe he needed a break for the day. Without so much as another word, he pulled a chair out from the table a few gathered about, seating himself casually and placing a hand over his face in thought.

. _ . ________________________________________ . _ .

After she had spoken, before he had even reacted verbally, Aysel immediately wished that she had not. The sigh he'd let out as she started trying to reason him was all she needed to know that what she was saying didn't sit well with him. Hadn't she known this before speaking, though? Even if she had the feeling that the topic should have been avoided, she didn't and wouldn't settle for letting the conversation go on a bad note like that. Instead, it seemed that it ended on an even worse one. As the mug shattered, she felt the good vibes their outing had begun with were also lost. Aysel hardly even flinched.

Looking down, she hesitantly moved her hands to rest in her help as she was put in her place, so to speak. She sat quietly to accept what he said in return, her gaze shifting uncomfortably from its fixation on her laced fingers. She didn't know what she could say in response to this; it was more or less true. Many people judged others before the batt of an eye, for better or for worse. She had known from the beginning that she could never say a thing to correct this. It was a matter that she had wished for him to see her side of this, if at all possible. People would judge him regardless, so why bother to worry over how the effect their opinions of his past life may affect their judgement his present character? They will think that they did regardless. His past was important, but his happiness was more valuable to her. It was all she had wanted in her response. It weren't as if he were yelling, but his words still stung her in some aspect.

Her gaze only lifted as he apologized, some surprise lighting them as he payed for both of their drinks. Then noting his dampened bandages, she bit her lower lip. She had caused a mess, here. "It's not your fault." She managed softly as he moved to leave, though she did catch him speak further on his way out. She meant everything to him? Regardless of the exchange that had just occurred, of the spilt tea and guilt she felt, those simple words managed to bring heat to her face. "Why?" She questioned aloud to herself, one of her hands rising to her cheek gently as her gaze found Nisshoku walking out the door. Swallowing hard, she stood and took a jogging start out of the cafe to catch up to him. It was still an odd feeling, running in general, but it was the decision she made in that split second. Thankfully, she did manage to catch up to him with ease, keeping pace with him once she had.

The mixture of regret and guilt lingered on her features for a quiet moment, blush on her cheeks, before she hesitantly smiled over at him. "Thank you for the tea, Nisshoku. I am glad to spend time with you, though I am sorry to bring up something to upset you. I knew you did not wish to speak of it." She admitted openly, tucking a stray piece of hair behind one of her ears before sighing softly, as if contentedly. Even with what had happened, he had said he cared for her. It made her stomach flutter, her energy surge. It was a bit odd, but certainly welcome. "Your hands are alright?" Aysel then questioned with a hint of worry, recalling now that the hot tea had soaked them. Her eyebrows tugged together slightly, though not enough to crease her forehead.

Her class was just down the hall, so it was there that she paused to end their short walk. "I need to catch up on some notes before my next class starts... I will see you after, though." She then repeated what he'd said earlier, a small smile playing across her lips again as she lifted from the ground. She nearly turned, though something in her lead her to linger there for a moment. Part of her thought to give Nis a hug, for although it seemed she was the one to usually show affection like so with friends, he hadn't seemed to mind those and he had had a long day. Something else came to mind, though. Leaning in hesitantly, she placed a quick kiss on his nearest cheek before sheepishly turning to enter class. "See you!" She cried briefly before floating on in, past the rows of filling desks. Paying little mind to most already present, she instead moved to take her seat in the middle of the classroom, next to a friend. As she had said, she spent the few minutes before class jotting down the notes she had missed from time spent on a mission the day prior.

"I can't believe you're already getting caught up, don't you have extra days to get the assignments done?" The girl beside her questioned, looking down her friend incredulously as Aysel penned in the notes with care.

"I don't want to fall behind..." Aysel murmured quietly, absent-mindedly as she put her full attention into it.

Sighing, her friends shook her head as a few minutes later Aysel wrapped up her note-taking just in time for the teacher to enter.

Halloween hangout + contests!

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-24-2014 at 04:35 AM..