View Single Post
Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 04-24-2015, 06:01 PM

What Do I Eat?
Well, Noom wants me to eat around 1200 calories a day. It's difficult, and I am more likely to hit that goal on the days I don't work. On the days I do work, I work 12 hour shifts overnight, so I tend to eat about 1400-1500 calories on those days.

One of the first things Noom teaches is the idea that no matter what food you eat, your stomach only cares about how much is put into it. Some foods have more calories per weight (For example: cookies, peanut butter, full fat mayo, etc), while others are very light is calories for the weight of the food (fruits, veggies, whole grain foods, non-fat dairy, less fatty meats). In the end, you can eat whatever you want, but the more calorie rich foods will make your daily calories go away faster. Nothing really is off limits because of this fact.

My goal for each meal is to eat between 300-400 calories, and on my work days I aim to have a couple snacks between 100-200 calories each. When deciding on portions, I usually calculate the calories while measuring to stay in my calorie budget.

Here are some of the breakdowns of my favorite lower calorie snacks/foods.

Coffee - 51 calX

1.5 cups coffee - 3 cal
2 Tbsp 2% milk - 16 cal
2 Tbsp Nutpod Creamer - 20 cal
3 packets Equal - 12 cal

Avocado Toast - 211 calX

1 slice 40 calorie Natures Own Honey Wheat bread - 40 cal
1/4 avocado - 81 cal
Sprinkle of Trader Joes' Everything But the Bagel seasoning
1 fried egg - 90 cal

Deli Sandwich >206 calX

2 slices 40 calories Natures Own Honey Wheat bread - 80 cal
1 slice Sargento ultra thin sliced cheese - 40 cal
50 grams of sliced deli turkey - (~44 cal)
1 Tbsp light mayo - 42 cal
1 tsp mustard - 0 cal
Lettuce, tomato, etc

Last edited by Libra; 02-14-2019 at 05:31 AM..