View Single Post
Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 02-14-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Friday, 2/8 - Monday, 2/11: Chunky monkey oatmeal or avocado toast for breakfast. Caprese pasta salad for my 1st snack. Quinoa Mexican Chicken bowl for dinner. And half of a deli sandwich and half an apple for my 2nd snack.
So I had prepped some steel-cut oatmeal. It mostly involved natural peanut butter (1/2 Tbsp), mashed banana (1/2), cocoa powder, flax meal (1 tsp), almonds (1 Tbsp) and Equal sweetener. Definitely will make again, but I'm looking forward to using PB2 instead to lessen the calories. (306 cal total)

The caprese pasta salad was perfect. Perfect portion, perfectly satisfying. I used whole wheat pasta (1/2 cup), chopped mozzarella pearls (1 oz), cherry tomatoes, chopped lettuce and fresh basil. Also looked up a recipe for a balsamic vinegar dressing, which used balsamic vinegar, honey, and little bit of EVOO. (295 cal total)

The quinoa Mexican bowls were a little underwhelming. I used chopped chicken breast (1/4 cup), fajita veggies (1/2 cup), taco seasoned black beans (1/4 cup), chopped lettuce (1 cup), avocado slices (1/4), and quinoa (1/2 cup). Even with adding hot sauce I didn't have nearly enough flavor to it all. Also, the portion size was a little small. Might need to remove the avocado and replace it with more quinoa, or chicken.

I switched from eating 1 whole sandwich and 1 whole apple down to just half of each. It fills me up just enough to get me through my last 4 hours of work, and it doesn't add too many calories to my over day.