View Single Post
Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 01-23-2016, 10:45 PM

☆ January 23
I finished my third week of my running training! It's been raining a lot (yay!) and I've been hanging out with the guy, so my schedule keeps getting messed up, but I've managed to get out and walk three days a week since New Years. I'm pretty pleased with this. This is the most consistently active I've been since I was a kid.

On Thursday, my mom and I went out to the southern half of the new coastal trail that the city is building. The north and south halves of the trail haven't been connected yet, but once they are, it'll make a 5 mile trail along the whole coastal edge of town. This particular stretch of our coast has been blocked from public access for over a hundred years by the lumber mill we used to have, so it's really exciting to be able to see this beautiful area for the first time. I'm really looking forward to being able to run out there eventually. While we were there, there was a storm coming in, and the sky was gorgeously dark and undulating with clouds.

Meanwhile, it was only ever a matter of time before I became a Trekkie, and the time has finally come. I've seen a decent amount of the original series, for which I have great fondness, and lately I've been watching The Next Generation with the guy. I've been watching a lot the past few days, and the most I see, the more I like it and want to learn all the things about it. *laughing at self*