View Single Post
The Auctioneer
Better than Santa!
NPC

Old 02-27-2011, 09:35 AM

Frequently Asked Questions about the Marketplace
Hopefully this will be able to answer any questions you have about the marketplace. We'll add more to this as questions become common.

BUYING/BIDDING

1) There's an error in the item price! I didn't bid that much!/That's not what I started the auction at!
Don't worry! That's not an error! "Price" displays only what it will cost another user to purchase the item.

For example: If the listing for an auction started at 10g with a 5g minimum increase, the item would be listed as starting at "10g". If a user bids on the item, then the price is shown as "15g" because of the 5g minimum increase. If no one bids up, the winning bidder only has to pay their bid of 10g.

2) I made a mistake in my bid - how can I retract it? D:
All bids are binding until such point as either you are outbid or the seller cancels the auction. In these cases, your gold will be returned to you. A seller is under no obligation to cancel their auction for your convenience - so double-check your bid before you confirm!

3) Is there anti-sniping protection?
Yes. To prevent sniping, if a bid is made within the last 60 seconds of the auction ending, the auction will automatically be extended a further 120 seconds.

4) When I bid on an item, when is the gold removed from my account?
The gold is removed immediately after you bid. But if you are outbid or the seller cancels the auction, your gold will be returned to you.

SELLING/MY SHOP

1) Can I customize my shop?
At this time, no.

2) How much does it cost to list an item? Is there a listing fee? / I heard there be a 10% listing fee! D:
There is no listing fee for items at this time.

3) HELP! It won't let me list anything to sell (but I have items in the drawer)!
Do you have a broken item in your inventory? Try moving the broken item to another drawer and that should fix the problem.
The trade system won't let you trade it away like you used to be able to, so until we figure out how to fix that problem, it's better to bury the problem item. xD;

4) There's an error with how my listing ending time is displayed...
That's not an error - listing times are "rounded down" for display purposes. For example, if you made a listing that lasts 9 days, you'll see it listed as ending in 8 days, because the extra 23 hours, 59 seconds aren't counted.

GENERAL QUESTIONS

1) Do I get notifications if...
You get notifications via PM if the listing is:
- Sold
- Canceled by the seller
- If you are outbid
- If you win the auction
- If your listing expires without a sale.

Users who intend to do a lot of things in the Marketplace may want to disable email notifications about their PMs if they have their options set that way. Though if such notifications are helpful to you, please make sure that Menewsha is listed as a 'safe' sender and/or you read each and every email notification as most service providers will start marking such things as spam if they're never read. (And if your email address starts marking our emails as spam, your account will be automatically banned by the system and it's a bit of a hassle to get it back!)

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 11-26-2014 at 03:18 AM..