View Single Post
Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Shadow and Ice.
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 08-31-2014, 10:16 PM

although a sticky end may not be the best thing for those that start the rumors The part of his mind that was attracted to Amory whispered againted his want to silence those that would think to harm Amory with words. Not that it would be that big of thing now, the Don seems not to event think that Amory would sleep with a man. His heart skipped a beat as he longed to know the truth weather Amory would sleep with him. Stop thinking that way, that path only brings trouble.

He really did not hear Amory’s comment as his mind flashed back to the first time he and Fate had realized what was going on between them. They had been out on their first assignment, the target had been a bully boy for one of the low level dons of some obscure little town that just happened to have gold as its claim to fame. They had been shoulder to shoulder when their target had walked out of the hotel acrossed the street from their vantage point. They had both turned at the same time and their lips met. At first Sam had worried that Fate would hate him for it but then Fate had reached out and pulled him into a deeper kiss. He whimpered as fire seemed to burn through his vain. Fates fingers twined in his hair sent shivers through him. He reached out and did the same to Fate, seconds later their target forgotten as they realized how much they had been wanting each others touch the last few months. Shaking his head Sam pulled himself back to the present.

“I just don’t want the Don getting upset at you for rumors of us…” his voice trailed off as he tried to think of a nice way of putting it without saying he did not want to be with Amory. “would just hate for him to lose the shine he has for you because of her badmouthing. I know some woman can be that way, guys move in together because of work and they start saying that those two are up to no good, even if they are not.” Reaching out he caught Amory’s arm and pulled him back just a bit. “I like working like this, its better this way to me. More like being a valet then a stage hand.” His hand would linger on Amory’s arm for much longer then was needed.

As Amory opened the cab door Sam sighed, then twinge as his ribs protested to the movement. “I just don’t want you spending all your hard earned money on a cab when we have two good feet and not to far to walk. But if your tired then I don’t mind the cab.” Sliding in next to Amory Sam frowned as Amory shivered. “you ok? You look kind of cold.” He knew that the air was not that cold and that Amory’s jacket was warm enough to keep him from the shivers. So what has caused his shiver? Sam watched the side of Amory’s face as the other man sat there staring out the window as they drove through the quite streets from the club. They passed a few officers combing the street where dark pools of dark red stained the sidewalk in the harsh streetlight. He did not try to draw attention to what was going on there. He did not think that Amory needed to see the aftermath of another set of his killings. This time they had been after Sam not after Amory but still it would remind him of the Don’s death.