View Single Post
a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 10-02-2014, 03:49 AM

It was all quite disconcerting- Tehra had known the agency to have secrets, but these seemed to be of a different caliber entirely. A room with no numbers, a hallway that no feet had crossed in probably years. The AI was what had to tell her to enter, which was another anomaly. She went to turn the knob, but the door opened easily at just the touch of her her hand. No long. No threat level. No history or record of crimes committed. Was this "Labyrinth" even a criminal in the first place?

Tehra took slow, cautious steps inside. She wasn't sure what she'd been expecting, but it certainly wasn't this. Computers lined every inch of the room, technology she hadn't seen before. Images of the agency lined the screens. This felt more like the security headquarters than someone's cell. As the room came into full view, the agent gasped at the sight of her own face. Well that was creepy. Looking around, she saw no one. Who was this 'Labyrinth'? And why did he have a live feed of her?

'What do you want to speak about, Guardian?' A voice echoed in her ear, yet seemed to come from the room itself.

Blue eyes darted around the room, trying to find the camera that was trained on her. She found it's location and moved to more closely investigate. Her hand reached out, fingers just brushing a large area of panels and wires. At her touch, they moved and Tehra pulled her fingers back with a surprised gasp. She immediately took a step back, though her eyes never moved from the moving and shifting wires.

As the man's figure began to become noticeable within the wires, Tehra's eyes were locked onto him, entranced by both the wires he wore and the Purium that ran over his skin like rivers. She heard her heartbeat pick up, and it was then that her gaze drifted to where they were on screen. It showed exactly when her heart had started to beat faster- god that was disconcerting. Her threat level was displayed too, a cool 40- it seemed her apprehension had lowered her usual level of 50. Did the agency always have this kind of information on them?

Tehra looked back at the man before her. He was so pale, and his face held no expression. The words that he spoke to her made her heart drop-no one had visited him in three years? What kind of life was that? After the weight of the words set in, Tehra noticed the intonation of his voice- he was the voice that always spoke to them over the comms. Labyrinth... he was the AI of this HQ. Several emotions flashed through her- the two strongest being confusion and pity. How could they have been so cruel as to turn a man into a machine that had no real company? A life of constant, tedious obedience. Perhaps the knowledge was fascinating, but the trade hardly seemed worth it to the agent.

Tehra noticed she'd left him waiting for an answer for a while, though no impatience reflected in his pristinely serene demeanor. No emotions, whatsoever. How could one live like that? She needed to stop questioning his life in her mind, as her vitals were started to reflect her thoughts. She needed to speak to him.

"Well we are to be partners, I'm assuming they told you that? You and I- we're leaving these walls to go solve quite the mystery. But before that, I would rather be called Tehra once we leave these walls if it isn't too much trouble-I was never a fan of the codenames. I was told by Redfield that you would have more information on the mission? I suppose I would like to know what you have been told, and then find out whatever you need before we depart so that I can get everything for you." Tehra offered, he eyes incapable of leaving his features. It was just so surreal. The AI that knew the most intimate details of her daily routine, knew what injuries she'd sustained, what horrors she'd faced- he was a human, standing in front of her. But more than that, he was her partner- a word and a duty that Tehra did not take lightly.

((I'm so interested in how these two develop! I think he's so fascinating and I actually like that he's basically a machine right now, leaves room for some yummy conflicts later. Also, Tehra is really protective of her partners, so he'll be in good hands lol.))