View Single Post
a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 10-14-2014, 04:35 AM

Tehra's steps were careful, quiet. She stuck extremely close to Labyrinth, a distance that might've even been considered inappropriate in other situations. But there was something decidedly wrong with this place, in fact- it was downright sinister.

She stopped in her tracks the moment Labyrinth paused. Interference? There shouldn't be interference of that type here. The moment that Labyrinth commented on picking up her life signs but no others, her blood ran cold. Labyrinth would notice the change- fear began to course through her; she could feel her body begin to release adrenaline. It was a familiar feeling- but once she hadn't felt in years.

"Not everything living has the courtesy to tell you it is alive on machinery...." Tehra whispered quietly to him, her eyes catching the shadow as it ran ahead of them "Trust me on that one, I know from experience. Too much experience." She ended the statement there, not wanting to dive into too many details- the changes of that thing being what her first reaction told her it was were slim to none. But the fear was still there, biting at the edges of a primal part of her mind.

As they walked, she noticed every time he seemed to need to recalculate, her own mind jumping to its wild conclusions. She'd love to ignore it, but unfortunately her gut had seldom failed her. When he mentioned wildlife she cut a skeptical gaze towards him. There was no way it was wildlife.

"I appreciate the effort of trying to make me think it's wildlife, but I know it's not- you'd be able to read their life signs. And I saw you pry the door open- no animal could have gotten in here. I think there's a much stronger chance its an infected criminal or agent. And if they don't have life signs? Well... that's going to be fun." Somehow she managed to speak without her voice shaking- it was a miracle in of itself.

They continued. The creature in front of them moved again. Unsurprisingly, Labyrinths voice echoed in her ear a moment after that, giving her a choice. She already knew the answer. "As much as I'd like to never find out about that creature, it already knows we're here. If we change paths, it can surprise us. If we stay behind, we have a much better idea of where it is. And we'll get the lights on much more quickly, which I would absolute love. So, we should stay on this route."