View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-30-2012, 03:48 AM

Pixel Pointers:

~There are tips given to me by people that I find really helpful!

Mene Bases:

1. Mene items use either 5 or 6 shades (Please stick to this when you are beginning because it will be easier for you. )
2. Always be aware of what type of fabric you are using as that will determine how much of each shade should be applied.
3. For most cases, if you work in a 6 shade palette, use the two darkest shades only for lines and the lightest shade only for highlights. The rest of the outfit should use only the three middle shades.
4. Dusk, Leaf, Plum, and Atlantis are the hardest mene palettes to use because they use multiple colors rather than shades of the same color.
5. Don't recolor your work - it will be easier for Jelly to recolor items because they are already cut.
6. While I use one layer, using multiple layers might be easier for you!
7. If you are starting out, Kawaii Hannah's Basic Pixel Tutorial is the best! Kawaii Hannah's Basic Pixel Tutorial
8. When pixelling, I find it easiest to talk about shades as numbers: Shade 1, Shade 2. I will always talk about them from lightest to darkest...lightest being shade one and darkest as shade 6. For example:

9. Don't be afraid to take critique as it's the only way we ever improve!
10. Don't be afraid to make an item and it be deemed a "no." You aren't going to finish every item successfully. What doesn't kill us makes us that much stronger!
11. Don't be afraid to ask for help! Xuvrette, Apricot, Jellysundae, Liztress, Momochan, blueblackrose, and myself are all willing to help you if you need it!

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 12-30-2017 at 07:06 PM..