View Single Post
ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-18-2015, 03:42 PM

As Kuroyami slipped his hand past he center button of her tunic going after the device, Dayna rolled her eyes. The man looked confused, which, given everything that had been going on was rather a cute look on the male's face. She rolled her eyes again, this time at her own thought. She didn't fight him back as he pulled the phone out, even with one hand free, what she was seeing was far too entertaining, if not sad.

He stared at the screen, the woman knew that if she didn't answer this time, the man would call and call until she did. If it was the kids, they would do the same thing. The apple really didn't fall far from the tree with them. She watched as the male connected the call, but just continued to look at the screen. She planted the palm of her free hand against her forehead, shaking her head at what she was watching. Though, she could hear a girl's voice saying, "Hello? Hello? Dayna, are you there?"

The male then asked her what the meaning of it was before finally releasing her other hand. Her phone really seemed to interest the male, but the voice on the other end was growing more panicked, so before the girl could call for her father, Danya snatched the device for Kuro. "It's called a cell phone," she said before placing the device to her ear, her eyes glued on the man before her.

"It's ok Lily, I'm right here,"
she said softly, the tone in her voice was warm and loving, unlike her behaviors towards the male before her. "What's wrong sweety?"

The little girl was sobbing, her words were difficult to make out, though Dayna had spent a lifetime translating what the kids said when no one understood them. "Papa said you ran away," the girl had cried. "He said you were going to fight bad guys." Dayna's eyes softened, the wary glare she had been giving the male faded and was replaced with the same warmth that was in her voice. Her gaze fell to the floor as she said, "It's ok Lily, I'm fine. The bad guys didn't stand a chance against me. Do you think anyone could stand up to the wolf girl?"

Dayna could hear a rustling noise against the phone before hearing a forced, "No." Dayna let out a soft sigh as she then said, "There was one bad guy, he wasn't bad. He said he would help me." This seemed to perk the little girl's interest as she said, "Yeah?" Dayna nodded, though obviously the girl didn't see it. "Yeah," she replied. "I'll try to send you a picture later, ok?"

With that the little girl seemed satisfied and they ended the call. Dayna's eyes remained on the device for a little while. Her thumb swiped across the screen, tapping every so often as she checked missed calls, text messages and saw she had multiple voice mails. The only people that ever contacted her was the family, clearly the kids must have been worried since they woke up to the woman missing.

Last edited by ISOS Duke; 06-18-2015 at 04:19 PM..