View Single Post
Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 02-05-2013, 02:40 PM

Rei noticed the smile dwindle on Yusuke's face, but he didn't comment on it. Instead he tilted his head to the side, listening quietly as the younger male spoke. "Yea, I think they have, honestly, I have no idea how the rumors got started anyway. They've just always seemed to be around." He said before chuckling again "I did make today's cakes, thank you." He gave up on trying to remember where the forms were stored and instead made a note to ask Ari to pull out a couple for him, just in case. "I can teach you how to make them sometime, after you get the hang of working around here." He offered. Not many took him up on the offer, and those who did found out the hard way that Rei didn't always have a sense of personal space, not like Ari did anyway.

Ari was the type of person who understood the need for personal space though she would ignore it sometimes if she thought the other person needed a hug or something of the like. Rei on the other hand just didn't seem to understand the concept of personal space when he was in his element. What ensued were a lot of awkward moments in the kitchen when past workers would just freeze up as Rei was practically o top of them reaching for an ingredient or other thing. This of course would lead to Rei kicking them out of the kitchen. Luckily Ari didn't know that that was why the kitchen was always so empty. It seemed that Rei actually made some sort of effort not to scare off the head baker, since he was still around.

"If you have time after school, you can come pick up the forms to fill out then. I can't seem to remember where they're kept right now." Rei continued, laughing once more at his forgetfulness. Then he held out his hand with a gentle smile. "I look forward to working with you then Yusuke."

"She was." Ari smiled brightly. Her Grandmama had been the wisest person she'd known, but then that could have been her own bias speaking. She had been really close with the old woman after all. When Hatori took her hand, Ari couldn't help the light blush that covered her cheeks. She might not have been the shy child she had been before, but something like holding hands with a boy always made her feel just a tad bit of that shyness again.

"I wouldn't worry too much. Rei is big boy, he can handle himself." Ari laughed out, twining her fingers with Hatori's, as was her normal habit whenever she held hands with someone. "He doesn't know that I know, but he has his odd habits too. It's a wonder to me that he even has friends with the amount of workers he scares off, haha, but don't tell him I said that. He'd be upset if he knew that I actually know the reason why the employees don't like working in the kitchen whenever he's around." She fell into step beside Hatori, keeping pace with him her smile unwavering.