View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 04-22-2016, 02:31 PM

"This is Zero we're talking about. He's probably been here but didn't want to interfere so he left. Bet you ten dollars that when we find him, he'll comment on what we were doing and say he didn't want to ruin the fun." Ryna shook her head. "He's always been like that. Estranged and standoffish. He means well. We might not see eye to eye all the time, but he does uphold his promises, usually."

Reno nodded. "Yup, yup. He's too cool for us." Running forward, she did a little happy dance just before the foot of the forest. "If we're lucky, he has dinner cooking for us!"

Ryna shook her head. "I highly doubt that." Collecting their things, she wandered after Reno.

When they eventually made it back to camp, they were greeted by a warm fire. Though, no one was nearby. "Odd," Ryna's brows furrowed. "Who would abandon a fire. Do they not know it causes forest fires?"

"Maybe they knew we were coming?" Reno ran her hand along the log. "The seat's still warm."

"You sure it's not from the fire?" Ryna cocked a brow at her twin.

"Yes, I'm sure. This part is warm, this part is cool. There was definitely a body here." She sniffed it lightly. "Zero? Awww, look he made us a fire!"

"And dinner," his voice broke from the shadows with a pineapple. "Found a hog while I was out scouting the area. We'll be having ham and pineapple tonight, ladies."

The two girls looked at each other before blinking. Simultaneously the asked, "What's the catch?"

"I'll be out tonight. I sensed something up on the hills. You four will stay here with the others, assuming they return. If not, just stay put. I'll return in the morning with the report."

"And if you don't?" Someone had to ask, and it might as well be Reno.

"Don't come looking for me. Stick together." The space between he and the other Lypheion shrunk as their foreheads pressed against one another. "Got it?" Reno nodded silently, though she hated the idea.